Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Ketojan

vetala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vetala

I'm a bit confused by this quest, don't get me wrong i love it and it's one the most memorable event for me in DA2. But, i don't really understand the sister part. i know what she intended in act 2 but in this particular quest i don't know, did she planned the whole thing including the kataraam killing ?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @vetala: I believe she wanted to use the kataraam to kill Hawke and use it against that as an argument against the Qunari,its a great quest, and i mean,how cool would it be if you could actually recruit Ketojan. Awesome character.
    vetala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vetala

yes i noticed that, but did she killed ketojans kerataam ? or she just use this as an advantage. 
    the part when the arvaraad said something about leaving a trail,  track the tal vastoth but ends up meeting Hawke and ketojan. i assume this means that sister peatrice knew about the arvaraad and she's the one leaving the trail. 

i agree, awesome character and i enjoyed what little conversation i had with him. i thought he's going to be my new companion 

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle

I wish he was a new companion, BioWare dropped the ball on that one. Especially since they didn't give Merril the ability to do creation spells. Another healer would've been nice so I wasn't forced to use Anders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@FLStyle said:
    " I wish he was a new companion, BioWare dropped the ball on that one. Especially since they didn't give Merril the ability to do creation spells. Another healer would've been nice so I wasn't forced to use Anders. "
    Except the Saarebas wanted to follow the Qun.  By making him a companion, they would directly go against his characterization.  Hawke certainly didn't follow the Qun.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

She wanted to cause tensions by setting up the murder of Hawke through the Qunari, even though they (Hawke and co.) were still trying to help the Saarebas. Essentially, trying to rile up the city to take action against the Qunari.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By FLStyle
    @Brodehouse said:
    " @FLStyle said:
    " I wish he was a new companion, BioWare dropped the ball on that one. Especially since they didn't give Merril the ability to do creation spells. Another healer would've been nice so I wasn't forced to use Anders. "
    Except the Saarebas wanted to follow the Qun.  By making him a companion, they would directly go against his characterization.  Hawke certainly didn't follow the Qun. "
    True, but knowing BioWare they could easily change the story if they want.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BraveToaster

I didn't think it was difficult to understand. The Sister didn't kill anyone, but she manipulated both the humans and Qunari in an attempt to cause a riot.

vetala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vetala
    @Abyssfull said:
    " She wanted to cause tensions by setting up the murder of Hawke through the Qunari, even though they (Hawke and co.) were still trying to help the Saarebas. Essentially, trying to rile up the city to take action against the Qunari. "
    @Axxol said:
    " I didn't think it was difficult to understand. The Sister didn't kill anyone, but she manipulated both the humans and Qunari in an attempt to cause a riot. "

yes i know about the sister motive.  it's the "how" that made me confused in this quest only (act 1 : sheperding wolves).  

ketojan and his kerataam was attack by the tal vasoth; ketojan survived and "captured" by sister peatrice. she use this to incite more conflict with the qunari, whether it's Hawke or not doesn't matter. 

did she planned this right from the beginning (tal vasoth attack) or knew about the attack or she just stumbled upon ketojan  ?

apologies i should have been more clearer with my question before
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster
    @vetala said:  i. "

@Axxol said:

" I didn't think it was difficult to understand. The Sister didn't kill anyone, but she manipulated both the humans and Qunari in an attempt to cause a riot. "
     yes i know about the sister motive.  it's the "how" that made me confused in this quest only (act 1 : sheperding wolves).    ketojan and his kerataam was attack by the tal vasoth; ketojan survived and "captured" by sister peatrice. she use this to incite more conflict with the qunari, whether it's Hawke or not doesn't matter.   did she planned this right from the beginning (tal vasoth attack) or knew about the attack or she just stumbled upon ketojan  ?apologies i should have been more clearer with my question before "
    She didn't stumble upon anything, this was all premeditated. She leads you to believe that she stumbled upon the Ketojan at first, that's why I stated that she manipulated both parties in my previous statement. 
    iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By iKANNIBAL

Don't hate on Anders now. 

Let me tell you something. If you're a mage? with a good amount of defensive and Dps abilities? with Anders, Avaline, Fenris in your party you are an unstoppable force. Both my Mage and Anders have the Spirit Healer tree filled out. Both have defensive and offensive abilities. At the beginning of each fight i have where both my character (i never play as hawke i mostly fight with Fenris) lay down the glyph of paralysis most enemies get trapped they start throwing down AOE moves putting people in stone debuffing them and buffing the party. By the time Avaline & Fenris get in there they rape. 

We fought the Dragon and its minions at the bone pit and i didn't have to use one health potion or mana thing (i have items that put the mana back up pretty fast espeacialy for Hawke plus Fenris has moves that builds it up) My character's willpower has become so high that i can basicaly use every single spell i have and not even use half the mana bar. Fenris died right when the dragon was about to die and it was only because i let him die because i was just going to bring him back with regroup.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Turambar
    @iKANNIBAL:   Anders is a whinny asshole of a character.  I think that's the reason we would like the option of not using him aside from playing a mage class.  Its not gameplay related.

I actually ended up just turning difficulty down to normal/casual so I can get through the game without a healer in the party and still have no issues.
    iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By iKANNIBAL
    @Turambar:   

To be honest the majority of the characters are whiny, i like Anders & Merrill only because they always approve with most of my decisions in game everytime its some dealing with magic or even helping people Isabella, Fenris, Hawke's brother will get mad and be little bitches. So i pick the characters that don't force me to be Emo. Fenris is with me now though even if he constantly disaproves with all my decisions. He annoys the shit out of me sometimes with his magic racism.  

Avaline, Varric, Merrill, Anders are probably 4 of the hardest people to piss off in game. I swear i wish the sister didn't have to die just because you're a Mage because i seriously can't stand Hawke's retard of a brother. Fenris racism against mages was enough we didn't need two of them! they should have just made Hawke's brother similiar to the sister in personality. Instead we get a jealous little piece of shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.