Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Why import a save?

• 105 results
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Punk1984

So why import a DA:O save?
    The character isn't the same, it takes place on a different continent and is concurrent to the events in DA:O. So why would you import a save? I mean do you get something? Some totally sweet DA:O armor? Does it unlock the storyline from Baldur's Gate 2? It used to be (man that made me feel old) you only imported a save if you wanted to keep your character progression and story.

P.S. if importing your save does make this an HD version of Baldur's Gate 2 forget game of the year this would be best game of the EVER!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wrighteous86

The choices you've made that affected each region in Origins and the characters from your party will affect the sequel.  Probably not very much, for the reasons you listed, but if you've played the first, why not import so it falls in line with the decisions you've made?

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Punk1984
    @Wrighteous86: 
    I don't know I think I'm just huffy because Bioware used to be so good at making games that flowed from one to the next. DA:O seemed like a return to form (and it real was) and now DA2 seems like someone said "You know what would be cool, if we could make it, like, more like Mass Effect, and less like Baldur's Gate."
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

you have the option why not and it may lead to some interesting story stuff durring the main quest(like who is queen/king, who killed the archdeamon)

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan
    @Punk1984: I fully get where you're coming from. I just  think games are too complex these days to make an imported save from one game to another have any real significant impact in a sequel. Then again, if anyone can succeed in doing this, it is Bioware.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Punk1984
    @Br3adfan: 
    I've recently played Baldur's Gate 2 and they did it perfectly, your character remains the same some party members are cut some stay, but they all remember who you are when you meet them again. The real good carry over was in the Throne of Bhaal expansion because your party relationships deepened.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Punk1984: I agree with you completely; their decisions regarding DA2 are really disappointing.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Unfortunately,i had to reinstall my DA:O bout a year ago....now im pissed off,and i can't bring myself to replay the game...for the 10th time -.-

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By damswedon

Because you can, if you don't want to don't.

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Punk1984
    @damswedon said:
    " Because you can, if you don't want to don't. "
    My question was more along the lines of "Why would you want too?" Just because you can seems like a pretty dumb reason.
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By foggel

I'm not sure if I will import any of my characters.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By kingzetta
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @damswedon said:
    My question was more along the lines of "Why would you want too?" Just because you can seems like a pretty dumb reason. "
    Just because is the best reason for anything.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm with the crowd saying why not? It'll ensure that the major world affecting decisions you made are consistent. I personally fully understand why they are moving to a named, speaking main character. While I can understand people getting upset about "Mass Effecting" the game I am all for it because Mass Effect is awesome.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Undeadpool
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @Wrighteous86:  I don't know I think I'm just huffy because Bioware used to be so good at making games that flowed from one to the next. DA:O seemed like a return to form (and it real was) and now DA2 seems like someone said "You know what would be cool, if we could make it, like, more like Mass Effect, and less like Baldur's Gate." "
    Besides the conversation wheel, how is it "more like Mass Effect than Baldur's Gate"?
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I'm with the crowd saying why not? It'll ensure that the major world affecting decisions you made are consistent. I personally fully understand why they are moving to a named, speaking main character. While I can understand people getting upset about "Mass Effecting" the game I am all for it because Mass Effect is awesome. "
    Pretty much, I did all that work in DA1, I wanna see what effect it had in this game. Now if you don't mind I have to stick myself in a freezer for 24 hours because the wait for DA2 is literally killing me!
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mazik765
    @Punk1984:  From my understanding you can import your save to influence what events have/are happening int he world around Hawke, based on what happened and what choices you made in DA:O.

Also I don't understand your reasoning that you hate that Bioware wants DA to be more like ME but you're upset that you can't import the same character into the sequel...just like ME...

@Undeadpool said:
    " @Punk1984 said:
    " @Wrighteous86:  I don't know I think I'm just huffy because Bioware used to be so good at making games that flowed from one to the next. DA:O seemed like a return to form (and it real was) and now DA2 seems like someone said "You know what would be cool, if we could make it, like, more like Mass Effect, and less like Baldur's Gate." "
    Besides the conversation wheel, how is it "more like Mass Effect than Baldur's Gate"? "

Answer: It's not.
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gonmog

Im sad that i wont be able to, my play through that i beat the game with and had the char i like the best (dwarf castless war Shield/Sword, Good) and all the choices that made through out i enjoyed making. Buy my pc died. and i lost that save :(

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wrighteous86
    @mazik765 said:

" @Punk1984:  From my understanding you can import your save to influence what events have/are happening int he world around Hawke, based on what happened and what choices you made in DA:O.

Also I don't understand your reasoning that you hate that Bioware wants DA to be more like ME but you're upset that you can't import the same character into the sequel...just like ME...

@Undeadpool

said:

" @Punk1984 said:

Besides the conversation wheel, how is it "more like Mass Effect than Baldur's Gate"? "
    Answer: It's not. "
    It's a lot shorter, you can no longer have conversations with your party during missions, they are reusing the same few environments for nearly all of the side missions, it's more cinematic (and less like a novel), you can no longer completely craft your character's personality and backstory, you can no longer add or change equipment for your party members, the equipment you do put on characters doesn't change their appearance, the tactical combat has been streamlined and made less necessary, everything has been exaggerated to be "more badass and XTREME" as opposed to a more grounded dark fantasy, you can no longer choose your character's race, there's less of an emphasis on lore and backstory, NPCs don't react to combat happening in the immediate area and will walk through a battle as if it's not there, the diction and speech patterns of characters have been modernized and are more colloquial which seems anachronistic to the setting, and enemies spawn from thin air right in front of your eyes. 

Also, this: 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Punk1984 said:
    " @damswedon said:
    My question was more along the lines of "Why would you want too?" Just because you can seems like a pretty dumb reason. "
    I think a more appropriate question is why would you not want to import? 

I think I see what your point is, but I get the feeling you would rather not have the option at all than it be there with less effect. Which is stupid, no offense.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Turambar

Having the game reference the events of the first game in a few sentences across a few spots does not seem like an impressive or interesting reason to import a save.  Can someone explain why you consider this to be a remarkable thing?  It seems far more minor and insignificant to me. 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Wrighteous86 said:

It's a lot shorter, you can no longer have conversations with your party during missions, they are reusing the same few environments for nearly all of the side missions, it's more cinematic (and less like a novel), you can no longer completely craft your character's personality and backstory, you can no longer add or change equipment for your party members, the equipment you do put on characters doesn't change their appearance, the tactical combat has been streamlined and made less necessary, everything has been exaggerated to be "more badass and XTREME" as opposed to a more grounded dark fantasy, you can no longer choose your character's race, there's less of an emphasis on lore and backstory, NPCs don't react to combat happening in the immediate area and will walk through a battle as if it's not there, and the diction and speech patterns of characters have been modernized and are more colloquial which seems anachronistic to the setting, and enemies spawn from thin air right in front of your eyes. "

wow...

Edit: that's very dissapointing.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    " @Tennmuerti: Directed at me or the game? "
    The game.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sickVisionz
    @Punk1984 said:
    " and is concurrent to the events in DA:O. "
    That's why.  They'd be concurrent to your events in DA:O.
    dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By dropbearGSH

I'm interested to see if the way I handled the Morrigan/Flemeth situation is reflected in this game, as it apparently takes place over a decade.  Also, since ten years have passed, it would be cool to run into the reason my character survived the encounter with the Archdemon.  

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tally_Pants

No Caption Provided
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WonderboyCoz

it is a minor thing, but the point is as many people have said... Why not?

however, I think it will be pretty cool hearing people talking about the things that the great and powerful Grey Warden Kahuldor was doing in Ferelden at the time of Hawkes rise to power, and since that DA2 goes far beyond DAOs time frame, the decisions you made at the end of the game could have some heavy impact in DA2.

I also have to agree with the sane people here, the whole DA2=ME2 thing is only similar in one way and that is the whole streamlining of systems and an  increase in the quality of the presentation, I think it just looks alot cleaner and in the combat(which remains as tactical as you want it to be, especially on nightmare) the acton just feels much snappier to me

I understand that the hardcore CRPG guys feel like bioware has somehow betrayed them, but guess what, if you want DAO again... go and play DAO again

to those actually looking forward to DA2, early reviews seem to indicate a stellar experience(yeah, I realise that the higher reviews always get released first due to embargo stuff) and a lot of content.  Let the excellent adventure of Ethan Hawke, Champion Mage of Kirkwall begin!

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Punk1984
    @Turambar said:

" Having the game reference the events of the first game in a few sentences across a few spots does not seem like an impressive or interesting reason to import a save.  Can someone explain why you consider this to be a remarkable thing?  It seems far more minor and insignificant to me.  "

@Wrighteous86 said:

" @mazik765 said:

" @Punk1984:  From my understanding you can import your save to influence what events have/are happening int he world around Hawke, based on what happened and what choices you made in DA:O.

@Undeadpool

said:

" @Punk1984 said:

Answer: It's not. "
    It's a lot shorter, you can no longer have conversations with your party during missions, they are reusing the same few environments for nearly all of the side missions, it's more cinematic (and less like a novel), you can no longer completely craft your character's personality and backstory, you can no longer add or change equipment for your party members, the equipment you do put on characters doesn't change their appearance, the tactical combat has been streamlined and made less necessary, everything has been exaggerated to be "more badass and XTREME" as opposed to a more grounded dark fantasy, you can no longer choose your character's race, there's less of an emphasis on lore and backstory, NPCs don't react to combat happening in the immediate area and will walk through a battle as if it's not there, the diction and speech patterns of characters have been modernized and are more colloquial which seems anachronistic to the setting, and enemies spawn from thin air right in front of your eyes. "
    What they said.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Like somebody knows the real answer right now.

Give it a month, every variable will be known and you can decide if its worth it.
    I loathe EA with a passion and I fear they have influenced Bioware too but I'll save it for when I actually own and played the game.

No use selling the skin before the deer is shot.

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Punk1984
    @WonderboyCoz: 
    I'm not bad mouthing Bioware for abandoning the hardcore CRPG fan. I'm saying that I know why I don't like Mass Effect (streamlined interface, story and character interaction) and I know why I like DA:O (Old school interface, character building, character driven story and intra-party storylines) I want DA2 to be the sequel of DA:O not the Sword and Sorcery version of Mass Effect.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wrighteous86
    @WonderboyCoz: And if you want something along the lines of Mass Effect, go play Mass Effect, or Mass Effect 2, or Dragon Age 2, or Alpha Protocol.  See the point?  

I'm interested in Dragon Age 2.  I'm going to play it, and I'll probably enjoy it.  It is disappointing that we'll probably never get another game like Origins again though, because I liked Origins.  I liked Mass Effect 2, more, but I wish there were a place in the market where I could enjoy both types of games, rather than just one.   I like Call of Duty and I like Halo.  I want them to stay distinct and separate, too.  I'd probably play a Call of Halo game, but I'd be disappointed if it meant there'd be no more regular Halo games.   

Since, based on marketing, (Origins fans will buy it just to try it, and ME2 and non-RPG fans may be interested in this new amalgamation) 2 will probably outsell Origins, and since they're taking a lot of shortcuts on this game to get it out cheaper and faster, we'll probably never get another game with as much depth and customization on a console again.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By project343

Beyond the story changing and whatnot based on your decisions, there has been hinting that the Vigilance sword from Awakening will travel to the Free Marches as a legendary item. At the end of Awakening, the following will pop up in the epilogue if you've created it the sword: 

" The Commander's blade, Vigilance, crafted from the bones of an ancient dragon, was boldly stolen by Antivan Crows. The blade changed hands many times thereafter, with some master swordsmen pursuing the weapon their entire lives. Some claim that this legendary blade has had a life of its own and that its power is steadily growing." 

I would assume that BioWare included this odd choice of an epilogue for a reason. 

Aside from Vigilance, I would assume that certain decisions (akin to the above) would add additional content to the game.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingzetta
    @Wrighteous86 said:

" @WonderboyCoz: And if you want something along the lines of Mass Effect, go play Mass Effect, or Mass Effect 2, or Dragon Age 2, or Alpha Protocol.  See the point?    
    I'm interested in Dragon Age 2.  I'm going to play it, and I'll probably enjoy it.  It is disappointing that we'll probably never get another game like Origins again though, because I liked Origins.  I liked Mass Effect 2, more, but I wish there were a place in the market where I could enjoy both types of games, rather than just one.   I like Call of Duty and I like Halo.  I want them to stay distinct and separate, too.  I'd probably play a Call of Halo game, but I'd be disappointed if it meant there'd be no more regular Halo games.   

Since, based on marketing, (Origins fans will buy it just to try it, and ME2 and non-RPG fans may be interested in this new amalgamation) 2 will probably outsell Origins, and since they're taking a lot of shortcuts on this game to get it out cheaper and faster, we'll probably never get another game with as much depth and customization on a console again.

"

How did you change the color of your text?
    and what cheap shortcuts are you talking about?
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Wrighteous86: no, my point was that mass effect and DA2 are barely similar. (they are really not similar at all in terms of game design)

I loved origins too man, and again I loved ME2 more and I believe that I am getting a sequel to DAO in the same way that ME2 was a sequel to ME, there were changes sure but the heart of the games remained and like most bioware games the story and characters, the world building that they do is really compelling and I dont see how people can say that DA2 has somehow went away from this when most people havent played the game.

from what I have seen(several dev demoes, previews ect.) the hearta and soul of Origins remains, for me at least and I really don't see how a streamlined interface is a bad thing? am I just crazy for not liking clunky interfaces(im looking at you ME)

anyway, just wanted to present my opinions on this stuff and I hope that you have fun with DA2
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wrighteous86
    @kingzetta: Most of the game takes place in the same city, which wouldn't be a huge issue, but apparently almost all of the sidequests take place in the same handful of boilerplate dungeons, with a door blocked off here and there for variety's sake.  It's a lot like Mass Effect 1, where every sidequest on a ship was on an identical ship, every mining sidequest took place in the same tunnels, or every other mission took place in the same warehouse/lab.  

Also, the game is markedly shorter than Origins, with less unique environments and enemies overall.  Doesn't mean it will be bad, but these are cost-cutting and time-saving measures to get the sequel out quicker.

And I don't know what you mean about the color of my text. 

@WonderboyCoz: Yeah, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but it does seem to have sacrificed some depth and customization in the attempt to streamline.  I liked creating everything about my character from scratch.  It really did feel like Origins was more of a novel and Mass Effect was more of a movie, and I don't think I'll get that impression this time around.  I'm sure it'll still be fun though, and probably less clunky.
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Punk1984:   character building, character driven story and intra-party storylines seem to be exactly what im getting with DA2, but with a streamlined interface.

that is why im excited to play it!
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Punk1984
    @WonderboyCoz said:
    " @Wrighteous86: no, my point was that mass effect and DA2 are barely similar. (they are really not similar at all in terms of game design) I loved origins too man, and again I loved ME2 more and I believe that I am getting a sequel to DAO in the same way that ME2 was a sequel to ME, there were changes sure but the heart of the games remained and like most bioware games the story and characters, the world building that they do is really compelling and I dont see how people can say that DA2 has somehow went away from this when most people havent played the game.  from what I have seen(several dev demoes, previews ect.) the hearta and soul of Origins remains, for me at least and I really don't see how a streamlined interface is a bad thing? am I just crazy for not liking clunky interfaces(im looking at you ME)  anyway, just wanted to present my opinions on this stuff and I hope that you have fun with DA2 "
    Where you say "clunky interface" I say "Character customization." Certain games should be streamlined but streamlining takes away somethings too. Those things that streamlining takes away are why I played DA:O.

I think we, as a gaming population, should face the fact that Bioware will never make another Baldur's Gate 2 and therefore their best work is maybe behind them. They'll make some great games but nothing that great.
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Wrighteous86: yeah, but if you think about it, most of the sidequests in origins were pretty samey except from a few stand outs like shales
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Punk1984:  I really dont see how DA2 is taking away any of the character customisation from DAO, with the exception of useless stuff like skills? care to clarify, maybe its something  im missing?
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Punk1984
    @WonderboyCoz said:
    " @Punk1984:  I really dont see how DA2 is taking away any of the character customisation from DAO, with the exception of useless stuff like skills? care to clarify, maybe its something  im missing? "
    Skills aren't useless, and they are forcing you to be a character. My first playthough of DA:O I was a human noble and Cassius, my second playthough I was an Elven Wizard named Finteryn. My first playthough of DA2 I'll be Hawke, my second I'll be Hawke, my third I'll be Hawke, my forth I'll Hawke...see where I'm going with this.
    I'm sure DA2 will be good, but I also think you don't know what you're missing.
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Punk1984:  I guess that I just view things differently, I like you, played origins with many characters(at least one from each origin) and yes they were different characters but where you see each playthrough as Hawke, and Hawke, and Hawke. I see it as Ethan Hawke, master wizard - Kal Hawke, veteran archer and my choices of appearance, dialogue ineractions, abilities, stats, equipment, specialisations and choices I make(which from the reviews Ive read are superb, even greater than origins in 1 or 2 cases) are what will define each character I play, where you see hawke as one character on different playthroughs, I see hawke as the potential starting point for numerous characters across playthroughs
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Punk1984

All your Hawkes have the same background and story. It reminds me a lot of Baldur's Gate 1 you could be any race/class but you were always an orphan raised by a wise old man. Great for game one but not so much for game 2 where I want a continuation of the story.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kingzetta
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    " @kingzetta: Most of the game takes place in the same city, which wouldn't be a huge issue, but apparently almost all of the sidequests take place in the same handful of boilerplate dungeons, with a door blocked off here and there for variety's sake.  It's a lot like Mass Effect 1, where every sidequest on a ship was on an identical ship, every mining sidequest took place in the same tunnels, or every other mission took place in the same warehouse/lab.  And I don't know what you mean about the color of my text. "
    Well the story is you becoming the champion of Kirkwall ((by the way Its still is odd saying that, because Kirkwall is a place in The Bard's tale also.)) DA:O had several boilerplate dungeons as well: The Dalish elf origin dungeon, The werewolf lair, The dungeon that had the Scared Ashes in it. Those all look a lot alike. Then there was couple of times you went into the Deep Roads and those all looked the same.
    The tower where you light the touch and the tower of mages look similar. 
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Punk1984:  well, thats not really true, this is taken from the DA2 wiki and is referenced

"Over the course of the game's ten-year timeline, players' actions and choices will determine Hawke's history, relationships, and regrets to determine Hawke's rise to power"

and also if you are playing as the rogue or warrior you will have a different background than the mage hawke
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wrighteous86
    @kingzetta: Your examples are dungeons with similar themes or designs, not the same map with one or two passages blocked off (though I never played the Dalish Elf Origin, so that may be the same as the Werewolf Lair), but every single sidequest will be in one of 3 specific dungeons or so, from what I've heard.  Think about how many sidequests are in these games... they say that even the loot and major battles tend to be in the exact same spots in those dungeons.  I get the Kirkwall thing, I don't have a problem with that in theory, I just hope they make the city interesting enough that it doesn't become boring. If you played Mass Effect 1, I think you'll get what I mean.  The Bring Down the Sky DLC had three bases that you had to free from terrorist control, and they were all identical, aside from a conversation or two.  It was a big complaint from ME fans.

@WonderboyCoz: You determine his history in that the events of the game are historical, as they're being narrated by someone in the future.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Punk1984
    @WonderboyCoz: 
    I hope that DA2 is a really good game and that I am totally off base with my criticism. It just looks like with DA:O they were trying to bring a CRPG to consoles and they did, now it just seems like they are chasing after Mass Effects 2 success. I didn't need to be more actiony or have a streamlined interface, I hope those improvements make it better but after playing the demo they seem to have made it worse.
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @Wrighteous86:  yeah, there is of course that stuff but there are also choices that will shape what hawke did before the games beginning and what his relationships were with his family, or at least thats what I heard in previews and dev demoes!
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kingzetta
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    " @kingzetta: Those are similar cases, yes, but every single sidequest will be in one of 3 dungeons or so, from what I've heard.  Think about how many sidequests are in these games... they say that even the loot and major battles tend to be in the exact same spots in those dungeons.  I get the Kirkwall thing, I don't have a problem with that in theory, I just hope they make the city interesting enough that it doesn't become boring. If you played Mass Effect 1, I think you'll get what I mean.  The Bring Down the Sky DLC had three bases that you had to free from terrorist control, and they were all identical, aside from a conversation or two.  It was a big complaint from ME fans.

@WonderboyCoz: You determine his history in that the events of the game are historical, as they're being narrated by someone in the future. "
    Well I can assure you that Kirkwall is way better and bigger than any city  in DA:O.
    If we were stuck in Denerem for a whole game, that would suck.
    Kirkwall is to New York city or LA as any town in DA:O is to a single house in the middle of no where.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Punk1984 said:
    I see nothing wrong with that statement.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wrighteous86
    @WonderboyCoz: I don't know about that, but I hope you're right. 

@kingzetta: My main problem wasn't Kirkwall, it's that every sidequest will be in one of a handful of maps, and all I said was that they had to do that to get this game out quickly and cheaply.  Baldur's Gate 2 took place almost entirely in one city.  The sidequest thing is cheap though, and something people hated about ME1 that they vowed to change in ME2.  It's lame that they'd adopt something people hated in ME1.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kingzetta
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @WonderboyCoz:  I hope that DA2 is a really good game and that I am totally off base with my criticism. It just looks like with DA:O they were trying to bring a CRPG to consoles and they did, now it just seems like they are chasing after Mass Effects 2 success. I didn't need to be more actiony or have a streamlined interface, I hope those improvements make it better but after playing the demo they seem to have made it worse. "
    If you liked the combat in DA:O that's fine, but I thought it was awful and it played like a offline MMO.
    Here's the thing tho I beat DA:O 4 times because everything else about the game was so good. 
    Now we have a game that looks 100 times better, has fun combat, a voiced main character, and all still set in the same great universe.
    I for the life of me can't understand why anyone would complain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.