Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

30 minute gameplay video

• 51 results
    Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wonder why I did not see it earlier but here is a 30 minute gameplay demonstration of Dragon Age: Inquisition. I am only a couple of minutes in it but so far it looks really pretty. And I am interested to see the actual battle system. So if you want to take a look here

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at the radar at the top I can't help but think that it's gonna be heavily inspired by Skyrim.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Darji

Damn that was great. Tactical view is back combat is not so fast as in DA2. , destruction, customization, no level scaling, big areas and even the the dialogue wheel looks great without any colors for your choices. I am pretty hyped right now. Only thing I need to see is how diffiult it will be on nightmare and how the PC interface will look^^

I can not say I am saying this but I am a believer again^^

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i hope this is basically elder scrolls x baldur's gate

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Weather effects (and foliage) are very BF4ish, which makes sense given its running on the same engine.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

@nekroskop said:

Looks good. Hopefully after Hamburger Helper left, we'll see less shitty romance plots and more game.

I like romance options in epic rollplay games. Like in Baldur's Gate for example. The problem with today's Bioware games is that you can reach that moment in like 30 minutes. It should develop over the course of teh story and not as some extra.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks good. Hopefully after Hamburger Helper left, we'll see less shitty romance plots and more game.

ugh, shut up. It's entirely possible to not like a person's writing (though she did also do the Dwarf stuff in Origins afaik) without personally attacking them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone with a strong love of both Dragon Age games(DA II is a fantastic game, you fuckers) and the Elder Scrolls series, I could not be more excited/nervous about the direction this is going. But I have complete faith in Bioware to put out something really great, even if it does seem significantly different from the last two.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why copy Skyrim's compass? It looks really weird.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man there is a block button... IM OUT

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@themangalist said:

Gets rid of the mini map so probably that is the reason.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gaminghooligan

Looks good, I just hope they try to make the story feel more organic and less choose a to be a good guy, choose b to be funny, choose c to be a dick. The ending of Dragon Age 2 actual made me a little more excited for the sequel.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

• + no level scaling? thank fuck, fuck that design crutch and casual cushion
    • + environments don't look cheap and barren ala DA2
    • - still the same stunted dialogue
    • - that cave instantly put me in mind of Skyrim, small, short and linear with not much to do, hopefully they will do better then what's shown in this demo, instead of making dozens of these throwaway caves, but then he says: "caves riddle the areas" , yeaa..... That's not sounding or looking good bro.
    • + Varric is back in your party
    • + Ferrelden is part of the map
    • + you can gear your party fully once again
    • + so far i'm not seeing any of the spawn from thin air all around you bullshit
    • - melee dude walking leisurely in combat
    • the resource, keep and map meta game could be interesting (or ultimately hollow) we'll see
    • + dragons look pretty good

Overall i came away more positive about it then before, it's at least already looking better then DA2

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ruiner

I expect it will take a few "inspirations" from Skyrim. I would not be surprised if someone at EA actually said "Skyrim made a shitload of money, we need you to do that!!"

Which isn't a bad thing really, a game that mixes the the good parts of those series could be amazing. We'll see.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Take this shit back to the Bioware social network.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:

Gets rid of the mini map so probably that is the reason.

Well the mini map does its job. Elder Scroll's compass does not do it well at all.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Food

Generic looking game play + generic looking art + generic marketing speak = generic sense of mild disappointment.

edit: I take it back, the way the guy actually changed his animation when walking sideways along a slope was mind-blowing. The next gen is truly here!

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grats, you are a terrible person.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@food: Hey, people wanted the 'generic' art style back.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Looks like an action game, which is a massive plus in my book. The pause-and-play action of Dragon Age Origins just doesn't appeal to me much.

I seriously doubt that Jennifer Hepler was the only writer contributing to shitty Bioware romances. Also, you are an asshole.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Marz

I think it looks alright too, though I probably don't think the combat system looks too impressive, probably need to have hands on with the game myself to get a real impression.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nekroskop

@animasta: I'm sorry, but that's impossible. She ruined DA2, but now that she has taken some personal time off(the whole death threats incident, although a horrible thing to do, was not the reason why she left.Tabloid journalists twisted it into that) there might be some chance of DA3 being good. As long as Gaider has it in him to write like he did back in the Baldur's Gate 2 days that is...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By TheHT

This... kinda looks like what I wanted out of Kingdoms of Amalur: third-person Skyrim with better combat.

Also looks like an amazing Dragon Age game, so great! Tactical view looks dope. BioWare's steppin their game up.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool, but I want to see it in a respectable resolution.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty happy now that they're using frostbite after watching this, I guess it's a positive that this franchise is back on my radar after me losing interest because of DA2

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope this is basically elder scrolls x baldur's gate

That might be the biggest erection I've ever gotten, thanks.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nekroskop: nope, sorry, you're wrong; what 'ruined' DA2 was the fact that it was made in like 18 months. Hepler had nothing to do with the game being bad and even though she's gone there will still be terrible romance subplots.

Also Gaider, as the head writer, is more to blame with whatever problems you had with that story more than Hepler is. She may have wrote... whatever you have an issue with (seriously the romance subplots weren't any worse than they have been in literally every Bioware game since KOTOR), but he still signed off on the things she wrote.

So yes, you should shut up and go back to 4chan with that hamburger helper shit

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@animasta: Hepler, to my understanding, was responsible for Anders's dialogue. Maybe not the stupid plot twist he's involved in, but in what time I played the game, I swear the "Romance" dialogue icon would not stop showing up any time I talked to him. I felt like the game was trying to coerce me into a relationship with him from the start whereas I felt like I had to work to earn a relationship with anyone in DAO. It was terribly handled and really stuck out to me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: come on, all you had to do was pay attention to the icon; the heart meant romance time, any other icon did not.

It also really doesn't show up that much, and I've been playing it recently

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@animasta: Hepler, to my understanding, was responsible for Anders's dialogue. Maybe not the stupid plot twist he's involved in, but in what time I played the game, I swear the "Romance" dialogue icon would not stop showing up any time I talked to him. I felt like the game was trying to coerce me into a relationship with him from the start whereas I felt like I had to work to earn a relationship with anyone in DAO. It was terribly handled and really stuck out to me.

The "twist" fell completely in line with Anders' beliefs, tempered by the corruption of Justice. The surprising part about it all was how they made the player a part of the world in that instance rather than able to magically change his mind, something I found refreshing in a video game. Especially in a genre that so often has you changing the world, not to mention hearts and minds, at every turn.

Your companion turned out to be more than just a glorified pet. It was fantastic.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well here is my fap material for the night. God damn that looks sexy. Now I want to see proper direct capture HD footage so I can really get an idea of the fidelity were working with here.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Helper was responsible for almost all romance options which were terrible to begin with also I think she really liked the elve design which again was absolute terrible. Helper and Gaider were the main reasons DA2 was such a mess and really really bad. This however looks really really good in terms of mechanics and I even like this version of the dialogue wheel withno indication what is a good, bad or romance answer. Combat system looks also sooooooooooo much better than it was in 2. and tactical view is back so YEAH^^

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the decision stuff in this game seems to have the same sort of wide scale impact as it had in The Witcher 2.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar

@animasta: I'm sorry, but that's impossible. She ruined DA2, but now that she has taken some personal time off(the whole death threats incident, although a horrible thing to do, was not the reason why she left.Tabloid journalists twisted it into that) there might be some chance of DA3 being good. As long as Gaider has it in him to write like he did back in the Baldur's Gate 2 days that is...

If you truly believe it is not possible to criticize a writer for her writing without hurling personal insults, you're not ready to coexist with society at large yet. Come back to us in a few years and we'll see if you're capable of basic decency yet.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NTM

I got Dragon Age: Origins around its release on PC, and for a long time, I didn't really play it, but a few weeks before two came out, and not necessarily because of two, I actually got through it, and I thought it was an absolutely superb game. When the demos for two came around, I played each one of them, and they were alright (in a good way), though due to the fact it wasn't my character being in the second one, and quite a lot of negative talk about it at and around its release, I never picked it up, but this to me, from the little I saw is looking pretty decent. Anyone think for this game, I should play two?

Edit - Wow, I'm pretty impressed with the visuals alone on this. I mean, even those animations, for a game like this, is impressive. Anyone know if this is coming out the same year as The Witcher 3? (I guess I can check myself) For me, if I get both, that's going to be a lot of fantasy, and perhaps both fantastic; hopefully.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

@nekroskop said:

If you truly believe it is not possible to criticize a writer for her writing without hurling personal insults, you're not ready to coexist with society at large yet.Come back to us in a few years and we'll see if you're capable of basic decency yet.

You live under a rock don't you?
    That's what todays society is. The media does nothing but talk shit about other people. Which sadly influences how most people end up treating others. I would like a world that favors the decent but I know that's not how things are. So I'd say that person you're replying to completely fits in with society at large as it currently stands.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

Helper was responsible for almost all romance options which were terrible to begin with also I think she really liked the elve design which again was absolute terrible. Helper and Gaider were the main reasons DA2 was such a mess and really really bad. This however looks really really good in terms of mechanics and I even like this version of the dialogue wheel withno indication what is a good, bad or romance answer. Combat system looks also sooooooooooo much better than it was in 2. and tactical view is back so YEAH^^

The writers split up their duties amongst different characters. She was only responsible for Anders, which she did an admittedly shitty job on, so I'm definitely not super sad to see her go. That being said people have really exaggerated her involvement in that game, and there's no reason to resort to insults like @nekroskop. Animasta's right in saying that Dragon Age 2 was messed up because of its development cycle, not because one of their many writers did a bad job.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TruthTellah

@turambar said:

@nekroskop said:

If you truly believe it is not possible to criticize a writer for her writing without hurling personal insults, you're not ready to coexist with society at large yet.Come back to us in a few years and we'll see if you're capable of basic decency yet.

You live under a rock don't you?

That's what todays society is. The media does nothing but talk shit about other people. Which sadly influences how most people end up treating others. I would like a world that favors the decent but I know that's not how things are. So I'd say that person you're replying to completely fits in with society at large as it currently stands.

heh. You have a point, but in that case, he -shouldn't- be ready to coexist with society at large. It's unfortunate that many people only know how to respond like that, and I think it's understandable for some to aspire toward doing better.

Just being another voice in the cacophony hardly seems like a worthwhile pursuit. Why not try to make better comments and stand for something in a complacent community and wider society? I think you'd agree that we can at least try.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I know everyone is going to compare with skyrim.... but this looks almost identical to the verticle slice they did for dragon age 2, even down to the rock monsters, except for whitty dialog of the character models.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By haffy

@ntm said:

I got Dragon Age: Origins around its release on PC, and for a long time, I didn't really play it, but a few weeks before two came out, and not necessarily because of two, I actually got through it, and I thought it was an absolutely superb game. When the demos for two came around, I played each one of them, and they were alright (in a good way), though due to the fact it wasn't my character being in the second one, and quite a lot of negative talk about it at and around its release, I never picked it up, but this to me, from the little I saw is looking pretty decent. Anyone think for this game, I should play two?

Edit - Wow, I'm pretty impressed with the visuals alone on this. I mean, even those animations, for a game like this, is impressive. Anyone know if this is coming out the same year as The Witcher 3? (I guess I can check myself) For me, if I get both, that's going to be a lot of fantasy, and perhaps both fantastic; hopefully.

If you liked the first one, but go into the second knowing that it's rushed and some decisions are a bit weird it's worth it. Personally I much prefer the playable character to talk, I've never been a fan of mutes taking the lead. Also sarcastic Hawke is the best Hawke.

I just skipped through the inquisitions video but the dragon part looks like the area you dream of the arch demon in origins doesn't it? And is it meant to be the arch demon or some other type or dragon or something?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nekroskop

So many angry Dragon Age 2 fans. This is hilarious. SJW is hard at work.

Anyway. I'm actually looking forward to DA:I, believe it or not.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many angry Dragon Age 2 fans. This is hilarious. SJW is hard at work.

Anyway. I'm actually looking forward to DA:I, believe it or not.

I was really pissed at DA2 it was cheap, lazy and stupid as hell. Some stuff was even really offensive but after this video I am also looking very forward to Inquisition^^

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

The writers split up their duties amongst different characters. She was only responsible for Anders, which she did an admittedly shitty job on, so I'm definitely not super sad to see her go. That being said people have really exaggerated her involvement in that game, and there's no reason to resort to insults like @nekroskop. Animasta's right in saying that Dragon Age 2 was messed up because of its development cycle, not because one of their many writers did a bad job.

To be fair, I think that the game was just poorly written in general. I'm not sure what would have resulted with more time, but Dragon Age II is the game we got.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Agreed, though I think that the short development cycle played a role in the poor writing. Giving the writing staff more time for concept and revision could have done wonders for the game's story.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game looks fucking dope, don't think I can wait for fall 2014 :(

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Sooty

I hope it's coming for PC because that looks annoying as fuck to play on a controller. I commend people that managed to play the first two on a pad. Scrolling with thumbsticks is the worst.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: If they had more time they could've fleshed out the enigma of Kirkwall better, which was sort of the whole reason everyone in the game was so... extreme.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

I hope it's coming for PC because that looks annoying as fuck to play on a controller. I commend people that managed to play the first two on a pad. Scrolling with thumbsticks is the worst.

The Demo was on PC with a controller. But I am pretty sure they also confrimed a special PC interface for Mouse/keyboard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.