Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Can't progress after certain boss battle (possible spoilers)

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

For the major choice early on I decided to side with the Mages. I got all the way to the boss fight and then in the cutscene afterwords after the characters go through the portal back to the present the game doesn't create the dialogue box. It just sits there and I can access all the menus (esc, inventory, character, etc). It displays the action bar, status bars, and quest tracker which it shouldn't be doing in a cut scene.

I've tried reloading and doing things over again but I get the same result. I can't seem to find anything on Google as it's floated with press about the game instead of glitches.

Anyone have a clue on how I could fix this or if it is a common problem?

I do have a save before I made the decision and could go back and side with the templars, but that's not really preferable.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@d_w:

I have good news for you, at least hopefully. Most of the time when the dialogue won't continue, and the characters just stand there blankly looking at each other, you can often just hit the square button a couple of times (or X on MS consoles) and it will skip to the next part in the dialogue. If that doesn't happen, or you don't want to miss anything, then just wait. I've had it happen to me several times now--usually at the end of major story chapters--and normally if you just wait a minute or two, the game eventually moves on by itself.

I'd say less than five minutes should do it. Any more than that, and you might actually be stuck.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

No I can't skip dialogue since it's stops on what is clearly meant to be a choice. Like it should be displaying the radical dialogue menu but instead it's not. Even so I wouldn't be able to skip dialogue because pressing esc (I'm on PC using a keyboard and mouse) brings up the menu instead of the "skip dialogue" button. If I click and drag it causes the mouse to disappear and show up seemingly randomly somewhere else on screen when released.

I am playing it on a laptop that can barely run it, but a lot of the problems I'm encountered were common place.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@d_w: Okay, but have you tried just not touching anything and waiting several minutes? If not, give it a shot. I remember having a similar issue, and waiting it out worked for me. Either way, good luck with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.