Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Discover The Dragon Age

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

In case you've missed it, a new Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer came out.

I'm less excited for Dragon Age: Inquisition than I probably want to be. Much like Mass Effect, the previous game kinda ended on a low point for me (despite liking it better than most).

Traditionally, I always thought Bioware's weakest trait was their world building. Hell, they even managed to make their MMO feel like an assortment of narrow corridors, which is really hard to do. You have to put effort into world building that transparent and weak.

Anyways, it looks like Bioware finally tries to set themselves free from their *RPG Maker-style* world building of yore. The landscapes on display are nothing short of breathtaking, and assuming they're making good on the *Discover*-aspect of it all, and exploration is a focal point of Inquisition, I ought to be more excited.

Bioware story and character interactions in more organic feeling, open and alive gameworlds? Sign me up. Color me cautiously optimistic in hoping that Bioware's struggle to be relevant again in this new current generation will be successful. In my heart of hearts, I know I want more Bioware games - even if I don't quite feel the hype like I used to.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well they do have mounts in this (for the first time in a Bioware game if I remember correctly) and I think I read somewhere that a designer said that each "level" in the game is larger than all the levels of Dragon Age 2 combined and that there would be several maps to travel between, each being up to four or five times bigger than Fereldan from Origins.

So if all that is true, they have created a big world, whether it will be interesting and worth to explore and travel in remains to be seen.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karkarov

There was already a front page news article about this same trailer....

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Truly, this is the age of dragons.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wampa1

I've never felt that Thedas had a consistent place, maybe it's due to the shift in art style with each game but I just don't know any distinctive features that are tied to that world. For all it's faults I did think that the overall art style (if not the environmental variety) in DAII was a positive change, stood out more than origins more generic look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.