Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age Inquisition - Gameplay (Pre-Alpha)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Game Informer will be covering the new Dragon Age in their September issue and has released a trailer with developer interviews and gameplay footage. Horsies confirmed.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well some recognition there that they need to get back on the same page as the fans.

Cautiously optimistic. I just hope it stands alone pretty well.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks like they took a good look at The Witcher. A wise move.

LarcenousLaugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Excited to see where this goes, as I was not one of the people who found Dragon Age 2 completely repugnant (in fact I kind of enjoyed the smaller scope of the story). Looks like it could be proper open world-y too. I'll wait for my copy of the mag and see what they have to say.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first time i've seen the sign:

"BIOWARE a division of EA"

and it hurt just a little.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By probablytuna

Hmm, looks like I'll be picking up a copy of Game Informer again.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want alistair to come back!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Not sure but that combat looked actiony and realtime and not like the da:o/da2 combat...

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, looks like I'll be picking up a copy of Game Informer again.

I've seen you around these parts many times before, but I'd like to say that "probablytuna" might be the funniest username I've ever read. What inspired it (de-railing my own thread >_<)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mosdl said:

Not sure but that combat looked actiony and realtime and not like the da:o/da2 combat...

I was about to say, people will praise the Witcher and say that Dragon Age should emulate it... right up until the point when they actually do emulate it and then people riot.

Personally, I'm not going to really make a judgement until I see a lot more of it, but my favorite part of BioWare games is the focus on your party members, and a Witcher/Skyrim/Mass Effect style game that focuses on the protagonist in combat is maybe not in service to my desires. I like to be able to switch to a different party member when I need to, I like to be able to play multiple classes and builds in a single playthrough by switching to my party.

With all that said, I would like to see the next generation in chopping-dudes-up RPGs. RPG-shooter hybrids are fully developed and great, but the marriage between RPGs and what we call character action games is still not quite there. It still mostly comes down to mashing X or A on a guy, and I want to see the next generation of that. How can developers make melee focused RPGs have the synergy of gameplay elements you see in a cover based shooter? Can you do a more RPG oriented Arkham Asylum, with mobility, timing based defense, various tools to handle various threats?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still excited for this even after the disaster that was DA2. I didn't realize this was coming to current gen too. Thought it was only next gen. Hopefully they will have a way to transfer DA2 saves to the next gen versions of DA3

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just seeing it playing there kind of reminded me of the witcher. Can't say thats a bad thing. In fact it could be very good. Anything that gets them away from the gameplay of 2 is fine with me. I'm definitely going to miss the old school style of origins though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Cautiously optimistic.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: I was once asked what food I hated the most and that was what I answered. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea for a username however.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems they backed down on the art style to a more wicher style ... not digging it :( (I loved the witcher 2 , but that game has it own art style and Bioware shouldnt try to copy it )

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

After the cluster fuck of DA:2 I refuse to get excited until I see the game for myself in a finished state, but I didn't see anyone doing back flips 30 feet into the air, teleporting, or mages with staffs that sounded and worked like laser guns going pew pew. So that's good. I hope they get back to combat of the first that felt like real soldiers fighting in heavy armour and nothing like DA2 where it looked and played like an anime action game.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

This all sounds awesome. I liked Dragon Age II alot, and I like "open-world games" like this one seems to almost be.

But I wanted to share the awesome Game Informer covert they just put up so:. :D

No Caption Provided

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't know what to feel, guys. I like big open world RPGs, but I've been hurt before.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Translation: We're sorry about DA2. EA made us do it.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The only reason i got DA:O was because of the old school gameplay. And it was fantastic. I loved DA:O but...have my doubts with 3 after what was 2. If its a FUN action game sure. But action games are a dime a dozen now. Some with really good controls and game systems. So if this is not up to par, Ill be staying away from it till its on sale im sure.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I want it, I want it, I want it.

That shot of Cassandra and Varric looks real smooth.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the multiple race thing back is a good sign. I'm cautiously optimistic, the game still has a long way to go.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwhom

Ripping off gambits was the only thing that kept me playing through DA2 so I hope they didnt mess up the combat too much. If they went ahead and undid everything else about DA2 that's just fine but I dug the combat, lets not have a baby bathwater situation here. And if the only thing they took away from The Witcher was its mediocre combat, good lord I'll take a pass. That was something I stomached because they actually delivered on the idea of a choices matter game. Its like the exact opposite of DA2 insofar as what was gotten right and gotten wrong.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24 rjayb89  Online

I bet it still won't have gamepad support for the PC version, as per usual with BioWare. And not that that was the issue with their games in general.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love desert in my video games, so that's cool, also for some reason I was very excited to see the PC riding a horse. I guess it's kind of hard to tell whether or not this game will be good from gameplay videos. I certainly enjoyed the combat in the original, and the sense of mobility is intriguing, but the gameplay just isn't what draws me to this series. The things I'm most worried about are characters, locations, the plot, and the interactivity. They're talking a pretty big game about giving agency back to the player, but they said a lot of the right things before DA2 came out too. Oh well, time will tell.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This all sounds awesome. I liked Dragon Age II alot, and I like "open-world games" like this one seems to almost be.

But I wanted to share the awesome Game Informer covert they just put up so:. :D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Brings back good memories.

kingjulesxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm coming back (which I am), I'm coming back for the characters alone. There's no way in hell that this will be better than Witcher 3, but I'll play it just because I already championed through Origins, Awakening and II.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By demonbear

@kingjulesxii said:

If I'm coming back (which I am), I'm coming back for the characters alone. There's no way in hell that this will be better than Witcher 3, but I'll play it just because I already championed through Origins, Awakening and II.

I'm glad you mentionned Awakening. Not many people do and its, to me, the best Dragon Age content ever made, especially companion-wise.

On topic : I'm very excited. My pre order is already in, my body is ready!

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sorry to report that they have lost my unconditional trust, but Im really hoping it will turn out to be a cool game.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am so ready for this game. Well kinda ready.

Varric was the best character in DA2 so good thing they're emphasizing him (also because he's the only one who always survives but you know)

I also mildly liked Cassandra until I saw some of that dragon age anime movie. URGH.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure about the skyrim style compass on top :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.