Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age Keep didn't import my answers?

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So the week leading up to the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition I spent some time setting up my timeline with all my decisions from the previous game. I did everything the site told me to do and overwrote the default timeline with mine and saved it. Then when I started up DA:I I imported that default timeline into my game expecting it to work as it should and started playing.

Well I'm now about 10 hours in and I had a talk with Leliana where I asked about the Hero of Ferelden, and not only did she refer to the hero as female but also said that she was dead, neither one being correct. I was really annoyed by this because I've invested too much time in the game now to start over, but I really want my choices from the previous game to matter. Anyone experience anything similar? In which case what would you do?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh, you have to overwrite the default timeline in Dragon Age Keep? That's why it didn't work for me I guess. This thing is a neat idea but the execution is a little dodgy... I don't understand why it's not built into the game.

It took me 35 hours to notice something was wrong, so I suppose it's not that important, but if I was only 10 hours in I would totally start over.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was about 8 hours in and restarted. You need to open the keep again and actually export the save you made

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It's unfortunate for how much of a hassle the Keep can be. It requires far too much management than is required, especially if you plan to play again with a different 'world state' as you can't choose from a selection in-game. You instead must head back to the Keep and then export the world state you want. Though that also won't matter too much for most I suppose, given how huge the game is a single playthrough will be enough for the majority I'm sure. I on the other hand am currently going through two playthroughs simultaneously... >_>

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There is a button wich reads "export to dragon age inqusition". Press that button and then enyoj.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep, same thing happened to me and it reaaally sucks. But I figured it gives me another reason for a second playthrough and just have no expectations about the world this time.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do except to restart. But for the next time, in Dragon Age Keep you can go to World States from the menu. The first screen will show you Editable States, and it should show the one you've been editing if you've exported it. The next screen will show you what World States have been imported into your Inquisition game. In my case it doesn't show the World State I edited for some reason, I'm guessing you'll see the same too.

So to make sure you actually imported the right World State (it's kinda annoying there's no easier way to confirm this, I think they should just list the choices in game ME style):

1. Export your world state from DA Keep again (if you're already done with your current world state, I think just changing something and changing it back will let you export again)

2. Start a new game, finish the character customization and start the game proper

3. Go back to DA Keep's World States and go to the second screen (Playthrough States)

4. Make sure the latest one (Playthrough 1) is the one you want by: click Copy to Editable, go back to Editable States, click the world state, click Load in Keep, go to Tapestry and see it has the right choices

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, it should be noted that not all decisions seem to carry over properly, as I imported a world state where Carver and Fenris from DAII died, yet Varric claims they're still alive.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newhaap:

So I did all of this and it still seems to have loaded the wrong version in. Yet when I go back into dragon age keep in the bottom right hand corner the export to DAI state is listed as Complete Dragon Age which is the one I created. So so annoying, I'm 10 hours in and sure in the grand scheme of things that's not long but with limited time it's not 10 hours I'm willing to give up! Also feel like it's not a guarantee that it will work as I want it to.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@yummylee: Question for ya since you have two playthroughs on going, once you load in the world state, is that state always active for that campaign? I'm assuming yes but I don't want to risk building another World State, exporting it and it somehow affecting my current playthrough.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh wait, did you guys "lock in" the world state before you exported it? That's what I did with my World State before I exported it to the game and so far its been working fine.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@flameboy84: Well that sucks... I haven't tried restarting myself, but just from the DA Keep site I could see the wrong one getting loaded for my current playthrough, and the right one currently loaded for whenever I decide to play next. They should've picked me for the beta test I would've caught this :p

@gaspower: I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, that's probably a good tip to make sure that world state instead of anything else getting imported?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@newhaap: Yeah, thats what I did with mine before exporting.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@yummylee: Question for ya since you have two playthroughs on going, once you load in the world state, is that state always active for that campaign? I'm assuming yes but I don't want to risk building another World State, exporting it and it somehow affecting my current playthrough.

Yes, your world state that you start a playthrough with is set in stone for the rest of it regardless of whether you import a different state for a new playthrough.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Sterling

Asking this here since I don't want to start a new topic for it.

I am going back and creating a new world state for another character. And I noticed (I forgot) that Liliana could have died in the first game. Who takes her place as your adviser if this is the case? Did anyone have a game where she died?

EDIT: Found a youtube video that explains it. And I am very disappointed in how they handled it. Because she is just resurrected. They didn't replace her. The explanation is really dumb. Or lack there of.

ClemKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ClemKarma

@rethla: I did that after being around 16 hours in and discovering Skyhold but my Hawke still didn't change from a male to a female even though I have the option to customise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.