Guys, You Might Wanna Sit Down: Dragon Age 3 Exists

Posted by patrickklepek (3948 posts) -

In news that should come as no surprise, BioWare is working on Dragon Age 3. There wasn't a formal announcement, however. This might be the first major video game revealed through a Twitter hashtag.

"I'm looking for exceptional environment artists to join me at #BioWare Edmonton, Canada to work on #DragonAge3 #gamejobs #jobs #3D #artists," tweeted senior director of creative development Alistair McNally.

As of right now, the tweet is still online, despite quickly making the rounds last night.

The response to Dragon Age II was hardly universally positive, but Dragon Age is one of the studio's pillar franchises--of course BioWare is going to move forward with a third one.

Vinny will probably play this one, too.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3948 posts) -

In news that should come as no surprise, BioWare is working on Dragon Age 3. There wasn't a formal announcement, however. This might be the first major video game revealed through a Twitter hashtag.

"I'm looking for exceptional environment artists to join me at #BioWare Edmonton, Canada to work on #DragonAge3 #gamejobs #jobs #3D #artists," tweeted senior director of creative development Alistair McNally.

As of right now, the tweet is still online, despite quickly making the rounds last night.

The response to Dragon Age II was hardly universally positive, but Dragon Age is one of the studio's pillar franchises--of course BioWare is going to move forward with a third one.

Vinny will probably play this one, too.

Staff
#2 Posted by cypher89 (55 posts) -

sickness

#3 Posted by Egge (446 posts) -

Hope it got space mining this time. Only thing DA2 lacked, really...

#4 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Make it not suck!!!

#5 Edited by AndrewB (7567 posts) -

I don't think they care that it got out.  Pretty sure it was always assumed that with the amount of time they spent building the world, they'd make more than one (and two) game(s).

Hopefully they take their time with it this time round.
#6 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Let the whining begin anew.

#7 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

This is gonna have a new protagonist right?

#8 Posted by CoffeeBob (27 posts) -

Neat. Still have yet to play through the first one though.

#9 Posted by Beaudacious (927 posts) -

Lol environmental artist, i think they're trying to be clever. Well to fucking late....

#10 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6139 posts) -

Sweet!  Looking forward to it.

#11 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4664 posts) -

bwahahaha that is too perfect/ Too, too perfect.

Well, looking forward to it.
#12 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Hope 3 is a return to form.

#13 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -

Great, can't wait for it to come out this year!

#14 Posted by schattenwolf86 (132 posts) -

Hope they actually take time to develop this one.

#15 Posted by zodiac_motherfucker (5 posts) -

THIS BETTER NOT BE SOME RUSHJOB BULLSHIT LIKE THE SECOND ONE. I MUSTVE SLAUGHTERED AN ENTIRE NATION WORTH OF BANDITS ON THAT FUCKING WOUNDED COAST

AND GET ANDERS THE FUCK OFF MY DICK. NO MEANS NO MOTHERFUCKER
#16 Posted by bartok (2458 posts) -

Good maybe Dragon Age 2 will become a forgotten memory we never speak of like Devil May Cry 2.  While Dragon Age 3 goes on to be the well the Devil May Cry 3 of the series.  Which means that 4 will be overly repetitive and mediocre and 5 will be a reboot of the franchise that will anger the fans before its release.

#17 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

AW YEAH, ZODIAC_MOTHERFUCKER KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT.

#18 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

It should be great. I don't think they will make the same mistake and rush another game after the backlash...

#19 Posted by SpacePenguin (476 posts) -

I really hope they spend more time on this one.

#20 Edited by Winternet (8012 posts) -

WHAT?! Man, didn't see that one coming.

And what is with that pic? That's some serious '05 shit.
#21 Posted by _Nuno_ (183 posts) -

I really don't get this jaded attitude towards DA, like they are REALLY milking it with 2 games in 3 years. That is an attitude that should be reserved for COD games and guitar hero (now finally dead thank god). 

Maybe this time they will take their time developing it and it will be awesome. 
#22 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Im down i enjoyed 2. Dispute its flaws

#23 Posted by Zamir (507 posts) -

i hope we don't lose Vinny again

#24 Posted by lumberingjackal (227 posts) -

More good, less suck please.

#25 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Well, they still have time to turn this whole backlash thing around.

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

.... yeppie

#27 Posted by SomeJerk (3203 posts) -

Make DA3 a game that even those not crazy for DA can love and you've got yourself a deal.

#28 Posted by 014 (349 posts) -

That guy's name is Alistair? Heh, nice.

#29 Posted by Deathpooky (1385 posts) -

Dragon Age III: Seriously Guys, We're Sorry.

#30 Posted by Delta_Ass (3274 posts) -

I hope environment artists are the ones who make fucking dungeons.

#31 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Hey Bioware. Feedback: listen to it.

#32 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Didn't they announce they were releasing one every year? I'm hardly surprised at all by this.

#33 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Dragon Age 3: Retribution
Dragon Age 3: Redemption
Dragon Age 3: Origins :)

#34 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I love the joke about looking to hire environment artists. With so little to go on, that opening joke already has my hopes up that they may have heard loud and clear some of the many many problems with DA 2, and that they are going to go back to a DAO style game. 

I don't think my heart can handle another DA 2 let down after how much love I have for DAO.
#35 Posted by probablytuna (3600 posts) -

I really liked Dragon Age 2, even though I haven't finished it yet. Dragon Age: Origins was no doubt the better game but I like to see the Dragon Age series to continue. Maybe third time's the charm?

#36 Posted by zodiac_motherfucker (5 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
Dragon Age III: Seriously Guys, We're Sorry.
HA AWESOME
#37 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

I don't want to have to finish DA2 before I play DA3.. please don't make me.

#38 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

All the DA2 haters need to piss off.

#39 Posted by Patman99 (1572 posts) -

Please make this more like the first one and not like fantasy mass effect.... I liked the second one but it does not compare to the first.

#40 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

I think the hate DA2 gets is slightly overblown..  It was a solid enough game, but rushed and focused on completely the wrong aspects.  I do hope Bioware take a good long look at the Witcher 2 and see what people actually want from RPG's.  If they're really going to go the route of making less demanding/more cinematic games for casual gamers, I'm not interested.

#41 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

I have a feeling this game is going to be a lot more like origins than DA2 when it comes out holiday 2012 or early 2013.

#42 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -
@zodiac_motherfucker said:
THIS BETTER NOT BE SOME RUSHJOB BULLSHIT LIKE THE SECOND ONE. I MUSTVE SLAUGHTERED AN ENTIRE NATION WORTH OF BANDITS ON THAT FUCKING WOUNDED COAST

AND GET ANDERS THE FUCK OFF MY DICK. NO MEANS NO MOTHERFUCKER
As I believe Ryan has said. Zodiac is one of the few allowed all capital.

This is the age of caps. Truly.
#43 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

I seriously hope they took Laidlaw off of the project. He should never ever  again spearhead a bioware game, ever!

#44 Posted by HonoredSamurai (106 posts) -

1 year huh, let's hope the dungeon environmental palette swapping is improved. If they learn from their criticism, we can hope for something special. 

#45 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

that game needs more lightsabers.

#46 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

He's also playing TW2, please take notes I want DA3 to be good.

#47 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -

Hey, maybe it'll be awesome.

#48 Posted by Yummylee (21470 posts) -

How about some multiple races to choose from this time? Oh how I missed my surly homosexual dwarf warrior. =(

#49 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Not excited at all.

#50 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Dragon Age II killed any interest I had in this series. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.