Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Guys, You Might Wanna Sit Down: Dragon Age 3 Exists

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By John1912

Yea, DA2 is shit.  Still haven't even bothered to finish it.  Bioware has been on a bit of a slide for a long time imo, but EA has really sent it into the toilet.  

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Alright ... I consider myself a Bioware fanboy. I loved DA:O (finished it 4 times, Awakenings 2 times), I loved Mass Effect 1+2 and I loved everything else they did (Jade Empire etc.)

I was very excited for DA2 until I played it and noticed the alarming lack of production value. Im not even talking about how they "mainstreamed" that game even if that was not 
    neccessary at all (imho) ... I would have been ok with that. But the pure lack of art, the bad (bad bad bad) storytelling  ... that was terrible for me and just not the level of quality I 
    came to expect from Bioware.

There still is no doubt I will get Mass Effect 3 and the news they might be looking into another setting that is not Fantasy or SciFi got me excited ... but playing Witcher 2 atm I feel
    like Bioware really has to step it up a notch. I was dead sure they would to a DA3 and there is no doubt I will keep an eye on it ... but this time they will have to convince me that 
    the game is worth the money.

And I really hope they take their time with DA3 and don't just put out another cash in game.
    valentin_rad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By valentin_rad

I really hope they make the third one more akin to Dragon Age: Origins. Enough with this Action-RPG nonsense, DA:O was perfect in my opinion.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Funkydupe
    @GetBentTheVideoGame said:
    Gonna be a rail shooter.
    The scary part is that you might not be wrong!
    Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#205  Edited By Pop

Wow this is great GB has so much news now it's so fucking great!!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#206  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

TEVINTER IMPERIUM PLZ.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207  Edited By Sprizmo

I don't think its fair to completely hate on Dragon Age 2 considering that what it got right was far better than many other games in the same genre. It clearly could have used more structure and content. However if the reviews for 3 come claiming "more of the same" its very possible I won't even touch it.

FatherHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#208  Edited By FatherHydra

Hopefully they take their time with this one.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#209  Edited By Dookysharpgun
    @Sprizmo:

While true, I think its a severe case of the bad far-outweighing the good, and whatever it did right can't be forgiven because of the level of crap piled in on top of it. I know what you mean though, some shitty games I've played have done things better than triple A titles, but as they suck in all other areas, they end up just flat out failing and being hated. DA2 had some ok ideas, but they were under explored, being left instead to curl up under the filth that amassed on top of them, as they wept softly to themselves, until the suffocated and died.

I think the hate comes with the territory, they took an idea that made Bioware's best selling game, and then warped it. Had they done a spin-off game like AC: Brotherhood, it could be forgiven, but this lies inside the Canon and can't be retconned without some amount of painstaking writing...or a written apology from Bioware with a picture of them burning the corpses of the devs behind DA2...either way seems good to me :D

OT: I hope they do well with this game, but I doubt I'll be buying it on day one. Unless they show some gameplay and bring out a demo that has some actual content in it that isn't superficial, people will always have doubts, and that can only hurt the chances of selling a game like they used to. 
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#210  Edited By Dookysharpgun
    @John1912:  Just for your profile picture, everything you said there cannot be denied :D
    zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#211  Edited By zerdune

Really loved DA2, one of the best games of the year. Yes, the random battles would have been frustrating but when you use the magic spell called "killallhostiles" they didn't bother me. I really play RPGs nowadays mainly for the story and characters anyway.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#212  Edited By Aarny91

Eh. The first was kind of okay, second bad... so I wonder where they're going with this.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By MachoFantastico

After Dragon Age 2 I think I'll pass. 

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Nottle

Dragon Age Origins was one of the finest RPG's i've played. DA2 was ok. Very dissapointing but I had some fun. I still like the series more than Mass Effect. They should stop trying to emulate it. That dialogue system is atrocious compared to DAO.

Summoboomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Summoboomo
    @WrathOfBanja said:
    Dragon Age: 3 Dungeons
    Dragon Age 3: A Dungeon
    Project_Alice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Project_Alice

I'm not surprised, DA2 was really just filler for a 3rd game, hopefully though this time they TAKE.THEIR.TIME. with this and make a quality game with fleshed out different environments. I would hate to have to struggle through DA3 just to find out the story.

spctre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#217  Edited By spctre
    @FatherHydra said:
    Hopefully they take their time with this one.
    What he said.
    Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
    semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Godlyawesomeguy said:
    @dreDREb13 said:
    Fucking Dragon Age II...  One of the worst games I've played.  It's nice to know they're rushing out a third one to cash in again.  The worst part is that they're sticking with the changes they made in Dragon Age II.  If you fuck up Mass Effect, your end will be final, Bioware.
    Woah woah woah, hold the goddamn phone. Dragon Age 2 is one of the worst games you have ever played? How many games do you actually play? Also, how the hell do you they're sticking with the changes? They haven't even formally announced it yet. Fucking people jumping to conclusions all the time.....
    There was actually an interview in which one of the devs flat-out stated that they would not go back to the original formula for DAIII.  :|  I didn't jump to conclusions, I based it off of fact.

And yes, I do find this game to be among the worst.  Dumbed-down RPG elements, horrible characters, horrible story, horrible ending, horrible pacing, horrible setting, horrible re-use of environments, horrible combat, horrible quests, characters that seem to want to jump your cock any time you make one flirtatious comment towards them, and then that ending.  Oh...  Oh, dear god, that ending.

I was okay with the game at first, but when I kept playing to realize it was all the same shit over and over, and then I wasn't even given the satisfaction of a good ending, that sealed the deal with this game.
    Tranett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#219  Edited By Tranett

I loved both the dragon age games. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By mthe1337one

anyone else genuinely feel concerned for Vinny's well-being now? a few podcasts back, i almost felt bad for the guy... TRYING to be enthusiastic about DA2.  borderline sounded like he was putting up with torture lol

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#221  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Due for release next month?

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By bitterninja

If they go back to their original idea with dragon age 1 then this could be awesome, but if its anything like 2 then I will be passing on it.

Kayotix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Kayotix

DA 2 wasnt terrible, it had flaws but overall i enjoyed the story. I prefered the action oriented combat more than the combat from DA:O

Hopefully DA 3 has more than 8 dungeouns though.

NickDiamondz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By NickDiamondz

DA 3 will not be released until at least 2013, can we first talk about the possible DLC for DA 2 before getttin pumped on the third one.  While we are at it, Final Fantasy XV was announced as well.  

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#225  Edited By woodtsunami
    @Egge said:
    Hope it got space mining this time. Only thing DA2 lacked, really...
    amen!
    MrMcJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#226  Edited By MrMcJerk
    @zodiac_motherfucker: I lol'ed
    IrishBrewed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By IrishBrewed

WORST FRANCHISE EVER......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.