Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Hinterlands Leveling?

Sniper26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sniper26

Hey guys, I am loving DA:I so far, but it seems that I am constantly underleveled. I have done every single quest that I have come across (unlocked all of the camps, working on the south western one now) and finding that at level 7 everything is either 10, 11, or 12. Now most of the enemies even when they have the skull are not super difficult except some occasionally one hit 3 people in my party. Should I go somewhere else and come back? I really wanted to finish each zone to its entirety before moving on. Anyone else having this relatively small issue?

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only time where i felt under leveled were some of the rifts and i was forced to leave. Do anything that isn't closing a rift then come back later, i find that works best. Might i also say this game is really fucking addicting.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: It is and so much more to it then I was expecting . I kept away from all the info on the game until playing it. Got to say its already got me hook...can't ..stop ..gathering ..resources.

Sniper26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is definitely very addicting, I however it seems cannot even progress as every mob I keep finding is 4 levels higher then me. I can get past the trash, but then one "boss" comes and kills my entire party. I feel as though I am in the wrong place!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain

Yeah, Hinterlands has a wide level range; you aren't meant to clear the whole zone before moving on. Try the storm coast/advance the story & come back later :)

Sniper26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sniper26

Yeah, Hinterlands has a wide level range; you aren't meant to clear the whole zone before moving on. Try the storm coast/advance the story & come back later :)

So I should go to the Storm Coast than? I unlocked it, but got the feeling that I should finish Hinterlands first rather go somewhere, do a little bit there and then come back. Apparently that is how the game is though!

EpicCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, go somewhere else like Ethaniel said. Its worth noting that the next story mission (Travel to Val Royeuax) has recommended level 4-7. Since you are already level 7, I would recommend advancing that mission sooner rather than later so you don't end up overleveled with no challenge in the story content. Rorie talks about that on this week's Bombcast.

Sniper26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard what he said on the Bombcast. I think it is an odd design, but it seems to be going smoother now that I have finished Oasis/Val Royeuax/Most of Hinterlands, however I am still only level 9. So far I love that I am not even half to the level cap. So happy another game with length has came out!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Yeah, they should have level suggestions in the quest descriptions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.