Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

How much do the other games matter?

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Last night After finishing DA2 I went through the keep process while Inquisition installed. I started a game, pretty sure it imported my tapestry properly. I got a few minutes in and decided I wanted to play around with the female character creator(I always make a character of both genders and choose which I prefer before starting a game but this made that process a little more difficult). Anyway, I ended up liking the female character more, but I can't shake the feeling that it didn't import my custom world state. I've gone through the intro and am talking to people around the camp. Varric talked about Bartrand like he was alive, and the quartermaster made reference to Queen Anora, but I made Alistair king. And the way she talked about Loghain I feel like she would have made some reference to his duel with Alistair. I don't want to get too deep in only to learn something went wrong and have to go through a bunch of stuff again. Though, if nothing matters beyond some off-hand references, I think I'm ok just playing with the world they gave me.

Alternatively, if I should play with my custom world and it didn't import properly, then what the hell? I couldn't find any way to make sure it was happening right during character creation.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@yi_orange So from what I've seen they'll make off hand comments to what happened to some of the more important characters depending on the events that happened in previous games but only in passing. One example I can think of is when talking to Varrick and him mentioning something about Hawke becoming the viscount but you could totally have an ending in DA II where that doesn't happen. In all honesty it's been awhile since I played Dragon Age II and Origins so I don't even remember all that happened. Most of that stuff has not mattered so far.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

There was an option to have Alistair marry the queen if that helps at all, but yeah she didn't mention the duel either but did seem bitter about Logain's outcome. I have heard of multiple people having issues with worlds not loading properly. I take it you double-checked DA Keep to make sure your choices are the new default story (since there can be multiple saved at a time)?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

I dunno if you did this, but in the Dragon Age Keep, if you watch the video of your story, at key moments it gives you the option to edit choices. You have to actually pause the video and hit edit, change the choice and the ask it to save. Otherwise it'll just stick to the default world.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By YI_Orange

@funkupotamous: Yeah, mine is the new default world state and the website says that everything is cool. But having now looked up Anora, I'm pretty sure it didn't load right. I have Alistair ruling by himself. I think I'll just restart since I'm not that far in. What a pain in the ass though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.