Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

So, any response on the bottom wheel gets disaproval?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Been through a few conversations now and I'm picking things that seem like polite or relevant questions and I'm coming off as a sarcastic ass. So I guess it's safe to assume that the bottom selection is the angry teenager response?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think it's standard BioWare procedure now that bottom of the dialogue wheel//options means your character will say that thing in the most dickish way possible. Unless you're in a submenu that is just you asking for a bunch of exposition.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Typically, when there are three options on the right side, it follows the DA2 system. Top-right is diplomatic/helpful, middle is humorous/charming, bottom-right is aggressive/direct. That doesn't mean bottom-right is automatic disapproval. It depends on the demeanor of your companions and the situation.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yup, one of the more questionable features of the dialogue wheel. Generally, top right is nice, middle right is cheeky, bottom right is mean.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I picked the bottom option every now and then when I thought the situation called for it and in most cases it was usually just an aggressive option. I rarely noticed disaproval drops when I picked it and it usually wasn't outright dickish. But you do have to remember that the bottom option is more often than not the "renegade" option, so it's best to avoid those responses if that's not what you want.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Two aspects of DA2 I wish they kept, one of which is the "Friend or Rival" system, the other being the dialogue system. I liked how if you were keen to a certain response (Diplomatic/Sarcastic/Aggressive), it would start incorporating that into automatic responses between dialogue choices. In most other BioWare games, there is a weird disconnect between one line being said, and another. You can select the aggresive response, and your character will just slip right back into neutral in the sentence immediately afterwards. I want my dude to be sarcastic and humorous nonstop, taking nothing seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.