Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Where to find cool looking Mage armor? *Minimal Spoilers*

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Junkerman

Hey Gang!

*Try to keep spoilers to a minimum, feel free to talk about areas all you want but no story stuff!*

So this is easily my game of the year, I've been having a blast with it and my only complaint so far is that a lot of the mage gear in the game so far (Just unlocked Skyhold) is pretty disappointing. Far better then the previous Dragon Age games... but still not nearly as cool as the Warrior and to a lesser extent the rogue gear

I've seen some cool mage stuff in previews and in trailers so I know its in here somewhere... what do you guys think? Have you stumbled across any cool looking armor or schematics to customize and build from?

Right now I'm using the Enchanter Coat, its the coolest looking thing I can find that doesn't have crap stats, but its still just a more complicated version of the first upgrade you get in the game and all the schematics I'm finding just seem to be variants of that one Orlesian Button up - High Class look.

I found the Grey Warden Mage armor in the southern swamps but quickly outgrew them stat wise and other then that and the starting armor I havent really liked most of what I've seen.

Do the shops refresh their inventory or are they the same throughout the whole game? The shop in skyhold has some cool stuff, but its all just Warrior Rogue for me :(

OttoRostock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OttoRostock

Try doing Dorians' operations and side quests. I've found a lot of purple mage stuff just by doing that.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By veektarius

IMO adding arm and leg modifications is mostly required to get cool-looking mage armor. The stuff they sell in Val Royeaux specifically.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cagliostro88

If you're an elven mage in the southern part of the Exalted Plains you can find two purple ones (one you can buy and i don't know how it looks, the other one is loot and it's pretty sweet, both look and stats wise, i've been using it with Solas). But i agree that the best way to get a decent look on your armor is from schematics for modifications (at least for me that i'm a rogue and the majority of armors is lacking in the shoulders department without proper modifications, imho)

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know where you can get some cool rouge armor? Been wanting wear those Orlesian masks...

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can find some sweet random schematics for great mage light armor by doing a lot of the side quests and mage related inquisition quests. Also, don't forget to save your relic shards for the forbidden oasis, you don't be disappointed.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of the Mage stuff looks weak, though I am playing a Qunari and everything looks bad on them. >_>

I also found that with the heavier stuff the equipment that's weaker tends to look better. I've found some great Templar/Seeker armor, but it's always outdone greatly but something that doesn't look nearly as cool.

LOTR_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@asilentprotagonist: You will get some. Follow the story till you spend time with classy Orlesian types. Good stats for rogues, but my poor Qunari inquisitior can't wear any of them.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just craft something out of Plaid weave nad go full on Braveheart

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@veektarius said:

IMO adding arm and leg modifications is mostly required to get cool-looking mage armor. The stuff they sell in Val Royeaux specifically.

Yeah I just added some arm and leg mods that I bought in Val Royeaux and hot damn my mages are looking fly right now. Also, I have been making my own armor for my character (rogue) and my mages and when you make your own stuff you can choose the fabrics and that helps a lot with making cool looking armor. Of course, you have to find the fabric, but I have found quite a few materials so far, and I have only been doing missions in the Hinterlands and Storm Coast at this point.

I really like how Plaidweave can look, but I know that's probably an acquired taste. Also velvet, and for my rogue darkstalker hide. I just play around and look and see what looks good while also making sure the armor has good stats.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One of the high dragons drops some good looking mage armor. I think it's the Emerald Graves one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.