Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Xbox One vs PS4?

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I can't make my mind up which platform to get it on, I don't see a massive issue with the whole 1080p vs 900p, but obviously 1080p is a small bonus.

Anyone know how long the exclusivity is on Xbox DLC?

Literally zero of my friends will play Dragon Age so the multiplayer isn't really interesting me much

What platform are you buying it for?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Xbox one since I got a trial with EA access.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sterling

PS4, because the commercials say its for the PS4.

Never understood those ads, where it says the game is just for that console. So dumb. I know the companies pay for that. But everyone should know its not just for that console, so whats the point. Are people really that gullible? Do they see those and think they can only buy it for that?

EDIT: Wait, that was a Far Cry 4 commercial, not Dragon Age. The Dragon Age one says for Xbox One.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PC

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've already sunk a couple of hours into the EA Access version, but so far the rogue has been a bit boring so I'll probably start a new character on PC.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure how long Xbox exclusivity for DLC is. In fact, i didn't even know that was going to happen.

I am going with Xbox, though. Not because of any sort of performance or DLC concerns, but because I chose Xbox One over PS4 as my main for this generation. So anything that comes out for both, I'll be getting on Xbox (barring monumental bug issue differences).

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Getting it on PC. Pretty sure it will be on sale before Christmas when I will have time to play it.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it on the Xbone, but there's a decent chance I'll wind up buying it on the PC at some point (I always wind up buying the PC version of most Bioware games). From my six hours with it so far (EA Access finally was worth picking up for a month!), it controls and runs pretty goddamn well--I ran into a quest bug, but I think that was due to the gatekeeping they did for the early access version of the game (you couldn't send people out on the war table, and you couldn't advance the plot past a certain point). I'm looking forward to diving back into it when it unlocks again tonight (or tomorrow, if I decide to call in sick to work).

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it for PS4 because I have a PS4 and I prefer the PS4 controller. If all things were equal I might consider getting it for Xbox instead, since it does get earlier access to DLC. Then again, I rarely buy DLC day 1.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to get single player focused games on PS4 and multiplayer orientated games on XBO. Since I prefer the headset and party system.

I would say Inquisition is a single player game first and the little multiplayer it does have seems like a tacked on afterthought made to meet EA's micro transactions quota.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By impartialgecko

WDDFS rule applies. "What does Digital Foundry say?"

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: That's overly reductive. I'm sure EA pushed for the idea of multiplayer, but that doesn't necessarily make it a tacked on afterthought. People thought the same of ME3 and that multiplayer was better than many that make it a focus and I can think of countless examples of tacked on multiplayer that are way more bottom of the barrel in quality.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I felt the same way about ME3's multiplayer. I heard they added a bunch of free stuff over time and that's great. But there werent any interesting ideas, just fend off enemies and defend points to get money to spend on loot. It's the same problem I had with Destiny. Except Destiny plays better. (I did think Mass Effect 3 played a lot better than the first two though)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zeik

@boozak: The gameplay might not have been completely original (but then how many games these days really are?), however it was a perfectly competent execution of that gameplay. It might not be enough to overshadow the main game, but I think it's unfair to call it a tacked on afterthought when they execute it well, original or not. You can find plenty of tacked on multiplayer modes that don't even bother trying. (Or try but still fail horribly.)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sterling said:

Never understood those ads, where it says the game is just for that console. So dumb. I know the companies pay for that. But everyone should know its not just for that console, so whats the point. Are people really that gullible? Do they see those and think they can only buy it for that?

EDIT: Wait, that was a Far Cry 4 commercial, not Dragon Age. The Dragon Age one says for Xbox One.

I'm sure it works on people who only play the 5-10 biggest games a year and aren't posting on video game forums.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BoOzak

@zeik: Something can be tacked on and still be competent. Epic admitted that the multiplayer in Gears was an afterthought and were surprised by how popular it was, so it was given more focus in it's sequels. I'm not saying it was bad, just extremely bland.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4! Though i might pick it up for PC as well down the road (maybe a goty edition).

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any consensus as to whether one console version performs/ looks better than the other?

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up getting it on XONE since I just got the console last week and the only game I have for it is Halo: MCC. I debated PS4 for the extra 180 Ps but, eh, it still looks and plays great. Honestly what really made my decision was that the Gamestop near me literally has separate floors for Xbox and PS4 (Market Street SF) and the PS4 line was real long so I went downstairs and grabbed an Xbox copy lol.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I got it on XBO because of the EA Access trial. Runs fine except for a few framerate dips in cutscenes but I think that's a cross-platform issue. The game looks and plays great.

EpicCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it on PS4, and it looks/runs great. One thing though, that makes me wish for an Xbox controller...

The D-Pad is used to switch between characters, and NOT to navigate through menus/ That's fine on XBOX, because the D-Pad has always been for secondary action. But on PS4 I can't wrap my head around not use D-Pad Up/Down to scroll...it just doesn't feel right.

So I keep going to the inventory and switching characters instead of scrolling T_T eventually I'll adjust I suppose...but that particular control choice is definitely XBOX focused

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it for Xbox the DLC coming first on it is a big deal for me. Normally if the DLC comes out too long after I've finished a game i normally pass on it, was thinking if i got it on PS4 by the time the DLC came out i'd just wouldn't care about the game anymore.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I bought it on PS4, should be arriving tomorrow, slightly regretting it now because of the DLC, really hope it's just a month or something the delay is or it's going to be a big regret for me

Feck

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DonPixel

For whatever is worth the PS4 version is 1080p while the xbox on version is 900p

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the exact same boat. I would get it on the PS4 since it will look a little nicer and I like the controller more. But I just got the X1 last week so it would be good to have more to play on it, plus getting DLC first couldn't hurt. Decisions...

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sterling said:

I'm sure it works on people who only play the 5-10 biggest games a year and aren't posting on video game forums.

Lots of the people that care enough about games to post on forums tend to forget that.

The reason every boycott called for by the community (regardless of whether or not it fails), there are millions out there who are completely oblivious because it simply isn't interesting enough to them.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc maxed with 80fps average. Specs aside I was running out exploring on my own immediately in the Hinterlands for an hour or two and then I did the story quest which took me to the "hub" or whatever where I could pick up a bunch of quests...and go back to the same areas again. There's so much to do it feels like a job rather than exploring. It's good though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.