Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Already having issues...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By AndrewB

Sexy issues.

No Caption Provided
    DLC-related armor (and I'd assume other items) are missing upon import.

No Caption Provided

Though I hear from some sources that this isn't a bug, but a feature. Too bad those robes were what made my mage so badass (they were the ones that boost blood magic ability).
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Is there any worthwhile armor to gain from the DLC? Theres the King's armor but thats still only ''red steel'' tier so it can easily be replaced. 

EDIT: And right, reading again I noticed you mention your blood mage robe =P. That from the Wardens Keep I take it? Never came across it during Ostagar and the Shale mission.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AndrewB
    @Abyssfull: Yup, from the Warden's Keep. That combined with the Blood Ring means blood magic only takes away a fraction of your hit points.

In my immediate scouring of the Bioware forums, I read that they don't intend to fix it since you get better equipment later on anyway.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

I better turn off my nude mods before i start then :)

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Panties of Invulnerability +5

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

I started out without my starfang and my warden commander armor it sucked so much 
    but I got better stuff now

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AndrewB

Well, it's especially annoying early on. I don't have any armor, and I'm not finding any (then again, I'm only about 30 minutes in). It's tough surviving as a mage without any armor bonuses. Getting my ass handed to me by small groups of Darkspawn. Of course, that could be because I'm real rusty at playing.

Edit: the general polish on DLC is severely lacking.

No Caption Provided
    Lots and lots of bugs in the first few minutes of the game. Others include not being able to pick up any of the new flower items until I imported my character a second time and weird death animations (an Ogre died while he was still standing, animating as if alive but standing at a 90 degree angle from the ground). This is a trend I've noticed throughout the whole of gaming, but that's a discussion for another time. A lot of these issues seem related to stuff added through other DLC they've released though.
    rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By rhodric

There's mod that lets you use all your DLC items, but you still don't get the DLC skills tho.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=874

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.