Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Price

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I bought Dragon Age Origins (PS3) new  for $35 dollars.  Then I bought the expansion awakening (PS3) new for $40.  What is wrong with this picture?
    Please tell me that awakening has just as much content as origins.......because that is the only way I can see Bioware justifying this price point.  

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

Nope. It's got about 1/3 to 1/4 the content, depending on who you ask. My first playthrough of Origins: ~80 hours. My first playthrough of Awakening: ~20 hours. Not that I'm only factoring in the $ to hours ratio here, but I feel like the expansion pack standard of $30 might have been more apt.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Guybrush

When you say you got it for $35, was it on sale? I got the first when it was on sale for £25 and bought the expansion for the same price.
    I don't have a problem with the price at all. If awakening is 20 odd hours then I think that's great value for money, better than most games. I mean sure technically I'm not getting the same value that I did from the first game, but I had already made a £15 saving in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.