Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

And so my journey comes to an end.....(spoilery)

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By ToxicFruit

And so my 50h journey through Dragon age:Origins comes to an end and what an amazing experience it has been. This game hit everything I love : Fantasy, epic immediate music, great story, and big breasted women. I have played this game so much that the character bubbles are stuck on my screen, They  should go away soon. The gameplay was perfect it was challenging but rewarding the character were great and  all these choices you could make on the way, I often found my self leaning back and thinking carefully what to say, because I am not that kind of person who re-loads if he did something wrong I just roll with it. I think I will replay this again but a little break can do you good. I made a city elf when I started and have never played any of the other origins stories so I am going to have to do that someday. 

I want to talk about the last 4 or so hours of the game go away if you have not completed the game yet .
    I let Alister kill Loghain( hope I got the name right) because I did not like him that much and I did not want him In the wardens, and I supported Alister to become King.  At Redcliff I refused the offer  Morrigan proposed because I did not trust her and she went away, My main character and her were in a romantic relationship and she just goes away like that :,(. Then at the end I had the choice to kill the archdemon(easy battle on normal if I may add) my self or let the future king do it. And I did it myself. Alister went on to rule and I got a huge statue and a cool tomb.  Still Mortigan was seen with a child in the end text Was that only because I had sex with her or does that happen anyway ? 

This is one of the better games I have played in a while and I dearly hope that they will make another one.
    Oh yeah If you want you can tell me about your journey I would like to know :).

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

And so my 50h journey through Dragon age:Origins comes to an end and what an amazing experience it has been. This game hit everything I love : Fantasy, epic immediate music, great story, and big breasted women. I have played this game so much that the character bubbles are stuck on my screen, They  should go away soon. The gameplay was perfect it was challenging but rewarding the character were great and  all these choices you could make on the way, I often found my self leaning back and thinking carefully what to say, because I am not that kind of person who re-loads if he did something wrong I just roll with it. I think I will replay this again but a little break can do you good. I made a city elf when I started and have never played any of the other origins stories so I am going to have to do that someday. 

I want to talk about the last 4 or so hours of the game go away if you have not completed the game yet .
    I let Alister kill Loghain( hope I got the name right) because I did not like him that much and I did not want him In the wardens, and I supported Alister to become King.  At Redcliff I refused the offer  Morrigan proposed because I did not trust her and she went away, My main character and her were in a romantic relationship and she just goes away like that :,(. Then at the end I had the choice to kill the archdemon(easy battle on normal if I may add) my self or let the future king do it. And I did it myself. Alister went on to rule and I got a huge statue and a cool tomb.  Still Mortigan was seen with a child in the end text Was that only because I had sex with her or does that happen anyway ? 

This is one of the better games I have played in a while and I dearly hope that they will make another one.
    Oh yeah If you want you can tell me about your journey I would like to know :).

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Morrigan had the child because you had sex earlier on in the game - she wanted to have a child the night before the battle because that child would have been infused with the soul of the Old Gods when you killed the archdemon. But since that didn't come to pass, she now has your baby, a regular baby. I got the same ending on one of my playthroughs. 

It was weird though because on this one I just finished, my 3rd playthrough, at the ending Anora went all apeshit and started lying and backed her dad up... I was like "Fuck you bitch!" and killed Loghain right in front of her. Alistair then locked her in the tower. LOL

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @xyzygy: Yeah I figured as much and what do we know? maybe the kid will play an important role in the next game for us Morrigan lovers.
    and as I said earlier I let Alister kill Loghain, And Anora was also getting on my nerves trying to steal the throne and letting me and Alister go to jail. I chucked a bit when he decapitated Loghain and all the blood splattered over her then putting her in a tower! .... I think I should see a doctor
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    @Toxic: Haha don't worry, I revel in it every time. That annoying bitch got what she deserved!
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By veektarius

Since we're doing ending spoilers, I want to talk about choosing Loghain over Alistair.  It had been impressed upon me that using all the tools available to defeat the Darkspawn is the task of the gray wardens, so I chose to admit him to the order.  Alistair goes completely batshit.  If the designers had just had Alistair leave my party and had him say "I"ll be at the final battle, just not with *you*" I might have felt a little bad about my decision.  But no, he just ditches the fight altogether.  I bet Duncan's really proud of that decision, asshole, after all the whining you did about how much you missed him and how he was your father figure. 

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @Veektarius: god that suck, did not the developers made Alister so childish.
    Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Von

My ending got bugged. I let Alistair die, and when the text came up explaining the ending he apparently lived happily ever after, married to Anora...

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FalconCritical

Weird - I had Alistair run off when I saved Loghain as well, his ending was even more whiny - he fled overseas and then someone like him was seen drunk in taverns talking about how he was a king and a grey warden.  What a destiny... which is kind of sad because the Loghain sacrifice ending is really quite fitting.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @FalconCritical: So there is no way for him to accept to let Loghain live I would think with high enough persuasion skill you could do it but it looks like you can either  chose him or Loghain. And that sucks for Alister I would never let that happen to him
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By keyhunter

I ended up murdering Wynne, Zevran, and Leliana. I then proceeded to get laid and dodge death.

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FalconCritical
    @Toxic: In the party selection screen when you recruit Loghain he stands in Alistair's position.  That alone pretty much tells you that its one or the other.  If it were possible to have both they'd stand in different spots, it's not like there's no other space.
    Avatar image for tragicallyerock
    TragicallyErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By TragicallyErock
    @Toxic: That's Interesting it showed Morrigan with a child in your ending.

I actually had sex with Morrigan TWICE (once earlier on, and again at the end). Yet when it showed the final wrap-up slide-show it wrote about her & the child, but did not actually show the kid. It was just a picture of Morrigan by herself.
     I wonder if that is because the archdeamon blood went into the child, which maybe turned him/her into.....   .....   .....  somethingelse?

It makes me very intrigued about what this means for a sequel. What is Morrigan doing with this child? I want to know! lol
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By veektarius

DA has even worse sequel problems to worry about than does Mass Effect 2.  There is a perfectly legitimate option to pursue where you commit suicide!  They can't just have the game read your save and pick up from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.