Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Can somebody please tell me how to enjoy this game?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nintendoeats

I just bought DA (yes I'm late to the party...) and I'm kind of struggling with it. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, and I was kind of hoping that this would tide me over for a little while. But I'm just not "getting it," and I really want to. This happened with Bioshock until I began thinking about it more as an exploration of narrative, so I'm hoping that I can get into DA as well.

I will say that I love the actual dialogue (especially between Alistair and Morigan, even if Alistair seems inexplicably wussy) but decisions thus far haven't felt as interesting, since most of the options are things that intelligent people would never say. I'm also not impressed technically, as there are alot of things that just look dumb and/or wrong (especially the textures on character's clothing, which should be first priority). The achievements are bad in the same way that ME 1's achievements are bad, and the level up system has the same "dump all your early points into speech" problem that bugged me about ME1. Lastly, the actual gameplay thusfar has consisted of "press A to attack, press other buttons to use more powerful version of attack, drink potions when almost dead" which isn't compelling.

I could harp on about some other little issues involving things like the map and loot collection, but this isn't intended as an attack on DA. I'm just trying to learn how to like the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.