Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

DLC Order?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

In which order should go about the DLC, I know I'm going to do Awakening and Witch Hunt last.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'd like to know as well. I'm going to be getting the Ultimate Edition soon. So excited.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By metal_mills

I think Witch Hunt is meant to be garbage, isn't it? Even though it should be the best DLC considering what it is apparently it decides the choice you make at the end, whether you actually did that choice or not. All the rest of the DL:C has been "ok".

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers

I'm talking continuity, of what I've seen the other three campaigns, besides Leliana's Song, are non-canon or alter history.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

If you plan on using the same character throughout the main game, the expansion and the DLC, the order should be, IMO:

1. Leliana's Song  
    2. Dragon Age: Origins (+ Return to Ostagar + The Warden's Keep + The Stone Prisoner) 
    2b. The Darkspawn Chronicles
    3. Dragon Age: Awakening  
    4. Golems of Amgarrak 
    5. Witch Hunt

Except from Darkspawn Chronicles, everything's "canon".  The Darkspawn Chronicles have literally no effect on your main character. It's a hypothetical scenario, "what would happen if the bad guys won?" style. Obviously, you want to go through it after having done the main campaign, so as to not spoil anything.  The DLC ( Return to Ostagar, The Warden's Keep, The Stone Prisoner) can be completed any time during the main quest of Origins, though I would recommend you get Shale from The Stone Prisoner ASAP. She's THAT awesome. Golems is meant for players who have already beaten Awakening, as it deals mostly with high-level stuff. Witch Hunt... well, let's say it's meant to bridge DA:O and DAII, so you probably want to play that one the last... just don't expect anything great, ok?

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Burns098356GX

I would do Lelianna Song and DarkSpawn Chronicles first. Then pop in Awakening, keep in mind its a full blown expansion, not a DLC. I found Golems of Amgarrak difficult, for a level 20 atleast. Somebody whos leveled up to 30 should be able to do it (and the achviement to beat the final boss of it on Hard). 

You have to do Witchhunt last, I won't spoil it but it can basically remove your player from the world.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin
    @JoeyRavn said:
    " If you plan on using the same character throughout the main game, the expansion and the DLC, the order should be, IMO:  

1. Leliana's Song  
    2. Dragon Age: Origins (+ Return to Ostagar + The Warden's Keep + The Stone Prisoner) 
    4. Golems of Amgarrak 
    5. Witch Hunt "
    A couple of things to note.  Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles don't require you to use your warden to play and they both give you something in the main game for beating them (well, technically Leliana's Song only gives you the item if you fulfill a requirement in the DLC, but it's simple enough).  So, I would play them first.  Other than that, though, he's correct.  Origins > Awakening > Golems > Witch Hunt is the order you have to play it in if you want to bring one warden through the entire experience. 

There is also an unfortunate bug in the console versions of the game (and perhaps the PC version?) which makes a certain set of armor you get in Awakening look like a certain other set of armor you get from the Warden's Keep.  So, if you don't want that bug to occur, you'll have to uninstall Warden's Keep after you beat the main game, but before you import your character to Awakening.  It's fairly annoying, but the armor looks pretty unique and cool, so I would recommend it.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By damswedon

If you care about story more 

1. Origins + the in-game DLC
    2. Leliana's Song
    3. Darkspawn Chronicles
    4. Awakening
    5. Golems of Amgarrak
    6. Witch Hunt
    If you are fine with having some story stuff spoiled but want some loot for Origins. 
    1. Leliana's Song
    2. Darkspawn Chronicles
    3. Origins + the in-game DLC
    4. Awakening
    5. Golems of Amgarrak
    6. Witch Hunt
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmasheControllers

I have Awakening Installed, does that mean I can reach level 35 in Origins?

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @SmashedControllers: Not on one play through, even with the DLC. 
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mrnitropb: Wait, There's NG+?
    Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Atta
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @Mrnitropb: Wait, There's NG+? "

bump. would also like to know that. played through DA:O without any DLC so it would be awesome if I can keep my character for a full playthrough
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @Mrnitropb: Wait, There's NG+? "
    There's no new game+, but it is possible to reach over level 30 with all the main game DLC. I've got a few characters that are around level 33.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @JoeyRavn said:
    " If you plan on using the same character throughout the main game, the expansion and the DLC, the order should be, IMO:  

1. Leliana's Song  
    4. Golems of Amgarrak 
    5. Witch Hunt "
    A couple of things to note.  Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles don't require you to use your warden to play and they both give you something in the main game for beating them (well, technically Leliana's Song only gives you the item if you fulfill a requirement in the DLC, but it's simple enough).  So, I would play them first.  Other than that, though, he's correct.  Origins > Awakening > Golems > Witch Hunt is the order you have to play it in if you want to bring one warden through the entire experience. 

There is also an unfortunate bug in the console versions of the game (and perhaps the PC version?) which makes a certain set of armor you get in Awakening look like a certain other set of armor you get from the Warden's Keep.  So, if you don't want that bug to occur, you'll have to uninstall Warden's Keep after you beat the main game, but before you import your character to Awakening.  It's fairly annoying, but the armor looks pretty unique and cool, so I would recommend it. "
    Thanks for this. Very helpful.  :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.