Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

DLC....worth it or not?

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lazyturtle

So I've recently starting playing DAO on the PC...I'm really enjoying the game so far. Can people give me their opinions about the quality of the DLC? 
    Return to Ostagar and Wardens Keep are the two that I would consider purchasing. Please let me know 1)overall quality of the dlc 2) length of gameplay and 3)Did you enjoy it/feel it brought something worthwhile to your overall experience of the game. 

Thanks,

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

i beat em both. if you want new armor and a couple of levels before you beat the game then sure buy em.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ApolloJ85

Return to Ostagar is very short, and you only get a few mid-level items for your troubles. The story doesn't add all that much to the overall experience either as it isn't very interactive. There are no moral quandaries, no influences on your party members. Then again, it is very cheap, so you get what you pay for. You'll probably play it once and then never bother with it again.

Wardens Keep is a better deal, as you get some great items and a good story (with the whole morality business) to go along with it. Again, it isn't overly long, but its an enjoyable experience. Plus you get a party chest.

I would say the Stone Prisoner is the best of the lot, as it gives you a new party member who integrates really well with the game (almost like it was designed to be part of the core experience in the first place). 

All in all, you may want to save your money for the fully fledged expansion pack that's coming later in the year.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By lazyturtle

Thanks for the info, sounds like Ostagar isn't worth it, but Wardens is. The Stone Prisoner actually came with the game, so I've already got that.

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Vaile
    Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rapture
    @Ryax said:
    " i beat em both. if you want new armor and a couple of levels before you beat the game then sure buy em. "
    that's about it, you should definitely get the stone prisoner dlc.
    void1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By void1234

I got em all but stone prisoner is the best. My vote is just get stone prisoner and then get the expansion. I really enjoyed the expantion.

Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

I loved all the DLC to include Awakening.  Bioware did an excellent job as they seamlessly tied in all the DLC with the main story.  This was my first "real" RPG that actually kept my attention at all and the DLC only made it more interesting.  I would have to agree with the others that the Stone Prisoner was probably the most enjoyable out of all the DLC (other than the recent expansion, Awakening).  If you love Dragon Age, then I would recommend that you get all the DLC =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.