Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

do you play after the ending? yes or no

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

yes or no that's all no spoilers  
    and whats the level cap?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

anyone?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By zombie2011

I just picked it up today i'm installing to my HDD right now. I can't wait to play.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

level cap is 25, and no you don't get to do anything after the final boss.

Edit: er, i should say you don't get to go do quests or anything.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

only 25 levels that's terrible

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mm665

You can play after ending if you have DLC but it's only 1 mission .

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By YoThatLimp

@trophyhunter:

Its a soft level cap, while technically there isn't one, you will nto find enough to killin the game at about 25, the developers said they couldnt get past 23.

@mm665:

Really?I thought when it ends, it gave you your ending and brought you back to the menu?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @Metalideth: You could have done that mission during the game though. It's kinda dumb. You can't go anywhere other than that one area if you didn't do it during the game. (I don't have Warden's Keep, just Stone Prisoner so I dont' know about that)
    mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mm665
    @Metalideth:Yeah you can then load "completed game" or something like that and do Shale quest.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you resume the game with the character you beat it with, it starts you out in an open field with no weapons and an exit that takes you back to your camp site.

All active quests are gone aside from DLC. 

Really, I recommend saving before you got to Redcliffe Castle after the Landsmeet and playing from there if there is anything you want to do after you start the final battle.

Let me be perfectly clear, once you enter Redcliffe Castle after the Landsmeet, there is no going back. You will not be able to complete any quests you may have and any quests you won't be able to accept any quests you may not have before then.

All you can play on a post game save is DLC and only DLC.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By EvilTwin

Without spoilers, the best answer is no.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By dagas
    @Metalideth said:
    "

@trophyhunter:

Its a soft level cap, while technically there isn't one, you will nto find enough to killin the game at about 25, the developers said they couldnt get past 23.

@mm665:

Really?I thought when it ends, it gave you your ending and brought you back to the menu?

"
    25 is a hard cap not a soft cap. There is a way to get infinite XP in the game, but at lvl 25 you don't get any more XP. You are right however that if you play it legitimately you'll never reach that cap. And to those who thing it's a low cap, you get quite a lot every time you level. In D&D you get an attribute point every 4 levels or something like that, here you get 3 points every level and you get a skill point pretty much every level plus you can buy tomes that give you more so you can pretty much max out your character.
    YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @dagas: Ah that must have changed since a few months ago, where the devs were saying there was no hard cap, it looks like there answers have changed, oops!
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By gike987
    @dagas said:

" @Metalideth said:

"

@trophyhunter:

@mm665:

"
    25 is a hard cap not a soft cap. There is a way to get infinite XP in the game, but at lvl 25 you don't get any more XP. You are right however that if you play it legitimately you'll never reach that cap. And to those who thing it's a low cap, you get quite a lot every time you level. In D&D you get an attribute point every 4 levels or something like that, here you get 3 points every level and you get a skill point pretty much every level plus you can buy tomes that give you more so you can pretty much max out your character. "
    The manual says there is no hard cap. So i don't know why they would have implemented one after writing the manual.
    Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Southgrove
    @dagas said:
    " @Metalideth said:
    "

@trophyhunter:

@mm665:

"
    25 is a hard cap not a soft cap. There is a way to get infinite XP in the game, but at lvl 25 you don't get any more XP. You are right however that if you play it legitimately you'll never reach that cap. And to those who thing it's a low cap, you get quite a lot every time you level. In D&D you get an attribute point every 4 levels or something like that, here you get 3 points every level and you get a skill point pretty much every level plus you can buy tomes that give you more so you can pretty much max out your character. "
    Maby the XP recieved for the exploitable action is mitigated to 0 at lvl25?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.