Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age coming to MAC!

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

Well, this is pretty neat…BioWare today announced that it’s bringing it’s latest RPG, Dragon Age: Origins, to the Mac platform next week. The game will be available via digital download and accessible in two different versions; the Standard version and the Digital Deluxe version, which features additional content like wallpapers, in-game bonuses, etc. Hit the jump to get the full scoop.

PRESS RELEASE

BioWare and TransGaming, Inc. today announced plans to release Dragon Age: Origins for the Mac on December 21. The critically acclaimed, dark fantasy epic will be available to Mac Players as a digital download where they can choose between the Standard or Digital Deluxe version.

The Digital Deluxe version will feature additional content including: a collection of wallpapers, in-game bonus items, the game’s soundtrack and the Warden’s Keep additional content. Warden’s Keep provides players with a new dungeon-exploring adventure, new loot including a set of ancient Grey Warden armor, a chance to gain two of six mysterious new abilities, a new base complete with merchants and a party chest to store their hard-earned items. The Standard and Digital Deluxe versions are available now for pre-order through many popular online digital retailers.

“We are very excited to bring this award-winning title to the Mac community” commented Vikas Gupta, President and CEO of TransGaming. “Our Cider technology allows us to rapidly enable and deploy high quality titles like Dragon Age, and we are pleased to be delivering this exceptional caliber of gaming to the ever growing Mac gaming community.”

Each version of Dragon Age: Origins for the Mac will also include The Stone Prisoner and the Blood Dragon Armor. The Stone Prisoner gives players access to new environments, items, hours of additional gameplay and the mighty stone golem, Shale, who can become one of the most powerful party members in the game. In addition, players will receive the Blood Dragon Armor, a set of themed armor that gives players additional protection in combat and will be available for use in both Dragon Age: Origins on the Mac and in Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and PC.

For more information, please visit: http://dragonage.bioware.com/game/preorder/

from, gametrailers.com  

I was hoping for this to happen cause I really didn't wanna play this game on console. But since I don't have a pc, I just gave up on playing this game. No need to worry more though! It's coming to MAC! Can't wait to play this game.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cerza

Very cool. Hopefully the Mac version will be as good as the PC version. If you're a Mac user I dunno why you just wouldn't bootcamp it though.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nohthink
    @Cerza: too lazy..... I thought about it a lot. Almost did, but I got lazy. One day, I'll do it cause using mac only is pretty inconvenient. 
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By skrutop

Well shit, I just bought a Mac last week, but I already have this game for the 360.  I definitely feel like this game would be a lot better on a computer.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

This is great, I wanted to get it for a pc but mine is crappy, and i didn't want the console version, but now i can get it on my macbook pro, YEA!

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By 02sfraser

that is excellent. was told the PC interface is better than the PS3 so i am happy to get it on Mac

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Butchio

Ihave this on ps3. def getting it on MAC

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47

They don't deserve it, however...whatever.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By nanikore
    Yay! I was having some trouble getting my Dragon Age to work using VMWare/Boot Camp, no more trouble like that anymore! 

@HitmanAgent47: Why not?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.