Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age Glitches...

Kraxxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kraxxon

I love Dragon Age.  Love the story and I am a sucker for Bioware RPG's.  Ive beaten the game several times and I can proudly say that (as of last night) I got ALL the achievements in the game.  This being said, the game is not perfect.  Setting aside the graphical issues and some of the combat issues, the game is glitchy as hell!  I feel the need to talk about a few of them and get some feedback from the community.   What glitches have you guys got?  Anything interesting or fun?  I have been talking to friends and we  seem to be getting some different glitches.  Here is a couple:

-random game freezes
    -I speak to a character and an event occurs. I complete the fight.  Then the initial conversation starts over , and the fight begins again.
    -cannot complete several quests or get the item needed. (example:the ironwood tree in the Brecilian Forest) 
    -a funny one that started happening recently was that when I kill an enemy and he bleeds out, I get a perfectly square blood pattern below the body. The bigger the enemy the bigger the blood square.  (rather humorous actually)

These are just a few, but I'm interested in hearing some the weird ones that everyone else gets.  So, lets hear them!

JoshLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JoshLarson

Not really a glitch but on the PS3 version I've been wasting time lately wondering if Genlocks are going to drop some loot when they die because there seems to be a 10 second delay instead of it happening instantly earlier in the game. Damn annoying when I turn and walk away only to look back and see the body suddenly sparkling. It is almost as if it is taunting me.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rjaylee
    @RickettyCricket:
    The only real problem I remember experiencing is that it often takes a long time for corpses to be lootable after killing an enemy. Sometimes I'd have to stop to save my game, then reload the game before an enemy's corpse is lootable. 

I should also note I'm playing on the xbox 360 version. Installing the game to the hard drive fixed this slightly, but there were often large delays before I could loot a corpse.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Damien

Sustained power + sex scene = hilarity

Kraxxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kraxxon
    I agree. The delayed loot glitch can definitely annoy me, especially when it takes a full 10 seconds for it to show up!
    Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Lowbrow
    @Damien said:
    " Sustained power + sex scene = hilarity "
    I had a sparkly red glow about me when my warrior put Morrigan "to the sword" as it were.
    carlos2286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By carlos2286

When you cannot un-equip the guard armor in the "captured" quest, really game breaker. And the loot glitch is  annoying

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rapture

At the coronation shale turned into a messed up looking version of the Golem Paragon(forgot his name)

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By teeknuts

I love this one: 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By AndrewB
    @Teeknuts:  That's not a bug, that's a feature!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.