Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Frustrated..

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathshroud

So ,  I have been trying to finish DA:O for a while now ..and I get angry and stop playing at times. There is a known issue with the  HD 3800 Series  ATI vid Cards and the DA:O engine .  I have to under clock my card in order for me to play it . If I do not do this my whole computer crashes ( reverts back for whatever reason if I reboot computer) . From day one there has no been a fix besides a work around from either ATI or BIoware .   

I want to finish this game and even more so before DA 2 comes out . I am almost considering getting console version of the games in order to accomplish my goal. Has anyone had this same issue as myself and if so anyone find a better work around or fix??. I pray that they fix or do not have this issue with the second game because PC is my platform of choice for this type of game .     

To anyone who says I need to upgrade or change my video card I say . If you would like to purchase me one to do so go ahead lol ..outside of that I cannot afford it at this time.  

Thank you anyone who replies :)

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Deathshroud

bump

Avatar image for glorious_leader
    glorious_leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glorious_leader

You think that's bad?  My cpu caused the game's load times to be in the 45 minute range.  Luckily I found a fix, that actually improved my computer's performance in all games, but still!  45 minutes!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FritzDude

You can get ATI/AMD Radeon HD6 series for like 200 bucks these days, but ok, you can't afford one. I suggest you make contact with ATI and Bioware and tell them the news. I dont think it's a specific problem with the card because if that's the case it would be fixed right away through Bioware or ATI. I would also suggest you make contact with either of the forums and write the same post there for more answers.

Darkraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darkraven

so just underclock it? dont see the problem if theres a workaround, it would be alot effin' worse if you could do nothing about it lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.