Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

getting a new mage specialization

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Nate

So I have Morrigan in my party, and I'm wanting to make her a spirit healer. Her default specialization is Shapeshifter, but I bought some book (for a lot of money) at the shop in Denerim that said it opened up the 'Spirit Healer' specialization. How does that work? I've levelled up, but it did not let me do that (I don't have any specialization points). I figured this book would give me one - to put toward spirit healer. Anyone know how this works??

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By sixghost

Those books just unlock the specialization for future use. You get a spec point at level 14 for party members.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nate
    @sixghost:
    So wouldn't I have been able to get the spirit healer spec anyway at level 14 then?
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sixghost

No, you can only dump points into specializations that you have unlocked. Also, when you unlock a specialization it stays unlocked for future playthroughs.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Cerza

I believe spirit healer is unlocked by recruiting Wynne and talking with her similar to how Templar is unlocked by talking with Allistar.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Quacktastic

The books just unlock the possibility of choosing that class.  You can't actually earn specialization points until level 7 and level 14.

By the way, after you buy a book you can reload to a previous save before you bought it and the class will still have been unlocked.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nate

Okay, got it. Thanks everyone. Yeah, I did talk to Wynne, but the conversation was . . . very brief :)  Needless to say she's not in my party.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.