Golems of Amgarrak DLC impressions?

#1 Posted by Yummylee (21748 posts) -

Just curious if anyone's play throughed it all and wonders what they think. It's not available yet on PSN until tomorrow so I'm excited to least get a few quickie impressions. 8)

#2 Posted by jangomack (28 posts) -

Well .. I've heard mixed reactions so far ..

As for me, well, I have a support ticket in because I have an invisible wall in front of me so can't progress any further .. I'm 3 minutes into the DLC and blocked .. superb ..

#3 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Eh. You're not missing anything if you don't get it.

I've encountered a few bugs while playing through the DLC (on the Xbox 360 version).

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5586 posts) -

A quick question; is it stand alone like the previous 2 DLC 'packs'?

#5 Posted by jangomack (28 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:

" Eh. You're not missing anything if you don't get it.  I've encountered a few bugs while playing through the DLC (on the Xbox 360 version). "

I know it sounds weird but take a look for yourself .. /facepalm

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21748 posts) -

Ugh. Shame. It sounded to be one of the best DLC packs, too. I'll still buy it I guess, because of my glutton for wasting cash on DA DLC.

#7 Posted by jangomack (28 posts) -

According to DA support I have to remove all previous DLCs and mods to get this working, which I'm trying now. Never had to do this for a DLC in the past and it's more than a little annoying tbh.

#8 Posted by jangomack (28 posts) -
@jangomack said:
" According to DA support I have to remove all previous DLCs and mods to get this working, which I'm trying now. Never had to do this for a DLC in the past and it's more than a little annoying tbh. "
Well following this, and reinstalling only official content the problem's still there, and as an extra surprise my savegames are now screwed too.

/epicfacepalm tbfh
#9 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Is it me or does each piece of DLC seem to introduce a whole new world of bugs/g;itches in the game. Come on Bioware, people are paying a premium for this shit as it is. I bought everything up to and including Awakening, but had to stop because of the poor QC. Leaves one feeling like they've been screwed over, sad because DA is such a great game.

#10 Posted by dekoboko (19 posts) -

Played through on PC just fine, pretty good too.

It's got a  bitch of a boss fight at the end, someone at Bioware must have been pissed off that day.

You only get to carry your dude over and the party your given is kinda weak sauce so be ready. If you use lots of ranged and magic you are going to hate your party. 

For five bucks, it's good dlc for the PC. (sorry xbox/ps3)

#11 Posted by shakra (252 posts) -

Why does every gameplay video on youtube have terrible music put to it?

#12 Posted by shakra (252 posts) -

Oh god the ending of this DLC was so dumb.

#13 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -

It needs more cowbell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.