I keep getting Booted off the game

#1 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

So i just got dragon age a few days ago, and I'm really liking it a lot, but i cant get to far into the game. I can make a character and such, but halfway through the origin story the screen will go black and windows tells me the game has stopped working and i get brought back to my desktop. it never happens in the same spot, but i get only get maybe 30 min into the game before it does this. I went to the dragon age website and checked there forums but all i can find was stuff dating a few mouths back and with no real solution. So was wondering if anyone knows why this keeps happening and if there is a fix or if I'm just screwed. 

Running Steam version of the game
CPU: Intel Quad core Q6600 2.4GHz  (tho have it running at 3.0GHz) 
RAM: 8.0 GB 
Video Card:  GeForce GTX 260    

#2 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

It's the 1.03 patch (Steam autoinstalled it). Memory leaks galore cause the game to crash incessantly on some systems (mine included.) 

New patch is coming out tomorrow, and Bioware claims the memory leaks are fixed.

#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Yeah, I run the game on 64bit vista and I get crashes. Though its never in the same spot, it usually happens maybe if I play for a extended period of time. Though I save often, by often I mean every 5-10 mins.

#4 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -
@ATrevelan: Thats good to know, I really hope the patch fixes these issues
#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

huh... weird. I guess it's good I bought via Impulse then? I never thought I'd say that.

#6 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -

I have issues with the memory leak on most games using a Bioware engine... Witcher was painful to play at times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.