Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Is Dragon Age as good on PS3?

Koolaids_Back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Koolaids_Back

I'm thinking about getting it because I love RPG's like this but I was wondering if it is nearly as good as the PC version? 
    How different are they exactly? 
    Should I bother with the PS3 version at all?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Well, the camera angle means that the game is a lot closer up. So it plays identical to KOTOR, if you've ever played that. Also the graphics are definitely not as good as the PC version and the frame rate, especially on the PS3 version, is pretty bad. But I mean if your PC can't play it you should definitely just play it on the PS3 anyway, I played it on the 360 and it was pretty good. My only complaints about the game have to do with the game itself, not the porting or console the game is on.  

Oh and another thing - you can't queue moves on the console version like you can on the PC version. Very very stupid choice, but it's there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Well I can at least vouge for the ps3 version still being very playable. I've completed the game around 6 times as of now. Haven't played the PC version though, so can't say just how better it is on the PC. Suffice to say that it is still superior on the PC, that much is clear.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I highly suggest you watch the pair of Dragon Age Quick Looks before you decide which version to purchase. If you have a PC capable of playing it at a decent quality level, go PC.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

I played it on PS3 and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

EDIT:  That's not to say that the game looks amazing or anything, but it's still an enjoyable experience.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By dbz1995

If you can't play it on your PC, then buying it on a PS3 or 360 is a fine idea.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aetos

I played it on PS3 and still enjoyed it. If you can't get it for computer get it for the PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I own it on PS3 and is still a very playable game and I really enjoyed it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Angles are different, you get a top down view, also the interface is different, you use the mouse with a bunch of menus and stuff, change the camera, apply tactics and stuff like that. Graphics are quite good on the pc I was suprised, no complaints. Then again I have both ps3 and pc version, I haven't opened my ps3 version yet, I could I suppose to see the difference if I wanted to.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Gabriel

Works great, though don't expect to sucessfully play on the harder difficultly levels if you don't got a PC.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Bones8677

Yo, that is a PC game. But if you have a crappy PC, then the console versions seem fine enough.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee
    @Gabriel said:
    "Works great, though don't expect to sucessfully play on the harder difficultly levels if you don't got a PC. "

Nightmare mode is abit of a nuisance, but Hard mode isn't all that difficult I don't think. It's not the ideal difficulty to start the game on, though.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By penguindust

If your PC can handle it or if you are looking for a reason to upgrade your PC, then go with that version.  But, if your machine doesn't have the muscle to pull off the recommended settings, then go with whatever console you have.  I know that it is an excellent game on the PC and that version also offers the ability to mod it so that nagging deficiencies are corrected (like hide helmet from view).  I had a decent rig but an outdated GPU, so I picked up a new one and it's a good looking game that I really love.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Burns098356GX

I own the 360 version, i hate the 3/6 buttons you can map. It defiantly would be a better experience on the PC.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Hell no. If you get it on PC though, you'll definitely be maxing out the game's full potential. It wasn't meant for console play. It works ok on a console (on 360 slightly better than the PS3 I believe) but it's at its best on the PC.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16  Edited By the8bitNacho

I played this game completely through on my 360 and really didn't enjoy it.  I'd suggest the PC version if at all possible for you.

JQuizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JQuizzle

i plaid it on 360 and wished and still might buy it on the PC. the controls and graphics are just not up to par but overall a fun and good game!

surferz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By surferz

Personally, I played about 18 hours of PS3 version and then stopped.  It was due to technical/interface issues, i just got bored.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If you have the option between 360 and PS3, go with 360.  The PS3 has severely jacked up framerate issues, and much longer saving and loading times.  I had purchased the PS3 version in November, and a 360 in January.  Naturally, if I was ever going to play Dragon Age again, it was going to be on 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.