Is this game for me?

#1 Posted by Omelet_Pants (163 posts) -

I like, but don't love, RPGs.  My concern is that I suffer from achondroplasiaphobia (fear of midgets).  I know there are dwarves in this game, so that's why I'm hesitant to play it.  Can I avoid the dwarves completely? Just to give you an idea of the severity of my syndrome, I had to walk out of the theater when I watched Lord of the Rings.  Also, I went into convulsions during Austin Powers (Mini-Me was way too much for me).  I accidentally saw a re-run of Different Strokes and Gary Coleman made me run out of the house in my underwear.  So is there a way to ensure that I don't run into any dwarves (or any other little people/creatures for that matter) in this game?  I have Xbox 360.  Thanks.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (20586 posts) -

...Are you serious?

#3 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

The dwarves are all regular size, the humans are giants.  You should be ok.

#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They hide inside of barrels and pop out when you least expect it. Its a true nightmare.

#5 Posted by Omelet_Pants (163 posts) -
@Abyssfull:  Yes, I also tend to stay away from Mario games because that's a little too short for me. 
#6 Posted by Yummylee (20586 posts) -
@Omelet_Pants said:
" @Abyssfull:  Yes, I also tend to stay away from Mario games because that's a little too short for me.  "
Ah..well...in that case. Just buy Borderlands instead and you'll be dandy.
#7 Posted by Omelet_Pants (163 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

" They hide inside of barrels and pop out when you least expect it. Its a true nightmare. "

Really?  Uh, no sale from me.  Seriously, don't these developers take into account people with achondroplasiaphobia? They're completely losing that market.
#8 Posted by EpicSteve (6442 posts) -

Can you explain your phobia? And no, you cannot avoid dwarfs.

#9 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

How do you know that we're not all midgets. Plotting against you. Watching you right now. Touching ourselves.

#10 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Now this is the sort of thread I love.  Let me just get a beer so I can kick back and watch this awesomeness progress.  Ready?  And go.
#11 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

I just farted.

#12 Posted by Omelet_Pants (163 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" Can you explain your phobia? And no, you cannot avoid dwarfs. "
It's just a fear of midgets.  Actually, I believe that term is not socially acceptable anymore, so it's a fear of small people.  Interestingly, they have to be adults; I'm fine around babies and small children.  Whenever a small person walks into a room, I break into a cold sweat, my back starts itching, I get scared that they will start chasing me, and I need to leave the area as soon as possible.  I don't have anything personal against small people, in fact at one point I used to like them and wondered if I could purchase them as pets.  But now, no way.
#13 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Omelet_Pants said:
" @EpicSteve said:
" Can you explain your phobia? And no, you cannot avoid dwarfs. "
It's just a fear of midgets.  Actually, I believe that term is not socially acceptable anymore, so it's a fear of small people.  Interestingly, they have to be adults; I'm fine around babies and small children.  Whenever a small person walks into a room, I break into a cold sweat, my back starts itching, I get scared that they will start chasing me, and I need to leave the area as soon as possible.  I don't have anything personal against small people, in fact at one point I used to like them and wondered if I could purchase them as pets.  But now, no way. "
Hmm. Consider your story cooled, bro.
#14 Posted by Gruff182 (847 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Omelet_Pants said:
" @Abyssfull:  Yes, I also tend to stay away from Mario games because that's a little too short for me.  "
Ah..well...in that case. Just buy Borderlands instead and you'll be dandy. "
Brilliant.
#15 Posted by JB16 (745 posts) -

Don't buy Dragon Age then. Because not only is there a Dwarven character who joins your party. There is also an entire Dwarven city that you have to go to.

#16 Posted by IzzyGraze (838 posts) -

What is this called...flame bait? Or is it trolling?

#17 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Omelet_Pants said:
Ah..well...in that case. Just buy Borderlands instead and you'll be dandy. "
We have a winner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.