Mage

#1 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Between Staff and bow what would you suggest for the mage.

#2 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Staff, you should be casting spells and using the staff spell attacks.  Leave bows to Leliana or Zevran .

#3 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -

I went dual wield, worked surprisingly well :) 

Between bow and staff though, definitely go staff, no chance of it missing (though it can be blocked by terrain) puts it far ahead of bows.

#4 Posted by BlueStriped (99 posts) -

Arcane Warrior :D but staff is better for quick spell casting since using anything like a sword puts a delay to casting something.

#5 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -
@Raggy said:
" Arcane Warrior :D but staff is better for quick spell casting since using anything like a sword puts a delay to casting something. "

That's true, but only partially.  Most instant case spells don't require the delay, anything with a cast time though, or anything cast on a friendly player does have the delay.
#6 Posted by T00MuchSteeze (163 posts) -

I tried the bow yesterday and immediately went back to the staff. Could't do anything with the bow. 

#7 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@SSbabel: Staff all the way dude, bow isn't really that useful
#8 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

Coming from a spirit healing/support mage I'd still go with staff.

#9 Posted by Sovereign13 (147 posts) -

Archers can't even use bows well in Dragon Age.

#10 Posted by jangomack (28 posts) -

Aye .. for anything other than rangers bows should rly only be used to pull stuff (even if you need to, depending on the difficulty).

For my mages I've mostly used staves .. except ofc for my arcance warrior (which is duel wield).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.