Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Please assist me with my Dwarf Commoner Warrior build

Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sadaiyappan

This is my first full playthrough of the game.  I just started and my main char is a Dwarf Casteless Warrior.  I want to go for the beserker specialization because that is the specialization that was created by Dwarves.  I was thinking of putting most of my attribute points into strength so each time I level I will put two attribute points into strength and I will alternate and put the remaining point into either Dexterity or Constitution.  And for skills I want to get all 4 of the combat training and combat tactics skills.  For talents I wanted to focus on the Warrior talents and the Two Handed talents.  Does this sound okay?

I guess if I go this route my main char will be more of a damage dealer then a tank.

I should have one rogue in the party at all times (for unlocking chests and detecting traps), and two mages (one for healing and one for damage) and my main attacking warrior.  Does this sound like an okay group or would this group be better if my main char was a tank?  Or perhaps I should have two warriors, one as a tank and my main as the attacker and only one mage for healing.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DriveupLife

Sounds good to me. To be honest you'll have all of the two handed + warrior + 1 spec atleast talents by lvl 20 so it's not that big a deal which way you go.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By clush

With some nice armor equipped your two-handed warrior could be a decent enough tank, especially if you got one full healing mage.

With a proper shield style tank one mage should be able to handle all your healing needs in between casting damage spells.

So either way, there should be room for a rogue in your party. It doesn't really matter.

If you're going to make your two-hander a "tank" don't overlook dexterity, it'll help you evade incoming attacks so you might want to invest a little extra in that. Strength is the most important though, as it's the requirement for both your armor and your weapon.

You'll probably have the most fun when it's your toon that's doing the big business damagewise, so I'd recommend putting in a second warrior as your designated tank, that way you yourself can really focus on crushing skulls. If you really focus on tanking with your second warrior your single mage shouldn't have a problem healing when necessary while focusing on doing damage. Just the basic heal spell will get you a long way as its pretty cheap and recharges rather fast.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By threeve

My PC is a warrior with shield talents and I use Sten as a damage dealer (2 handed).  So I've got that setup:   Rogue(archer,bard), Mage (spirit healer), tank, 2h warrior.  I haven't gotten stuck or anything (playing on normal), but there are a LOT of fights where I think it would be easier if I used another mage instead of Sten.  Of course I don't have any AoE for him yet, so maybe it will pick up a bit.

Anyway, I'm not going to change my party - it's working and I think it's fun... hitting stuff with a big hammer or sword is fun.  I just think the ideal party is probably:  tank, melee rogue, mage(healer), mage (damage dealer)

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By skrutop

Pay attention to how much your character hits and misses attacks.  If you're missing more than you'd like, boost dexterity.  If you never miss, put those points elsewhere.

Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sadaiyappan

OKay I think I got my main char down for skills and talents.  I decided for now my party will be my dwarf commoner warrior two handed beserker, lilianna rougue, morrigon as a damage dealing mage, and wynne as a healing mage...  How should I level liliiana, Morrigan, and Wynne?  What talents/spells and specializations should I give them if I keep this group (which I probably will unless I come across a better mage or rogue).

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @Sadaiyappan: If you're going to be using two handed swords, I'd recommend putting points into Willpower to increase your stamina.
    Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sadaiyappan
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Sadaiyappan: If you're going to be using two handed swords, I'd recommend putting points into Willpower to increase your stamina. "
    So scrap plan of two points strength and one alternating for dexterity and one for constitution?  How many points should I give to willpower, its still at 10 for me I think.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @Sadaiyappan said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @Sadaiyappan: If you're going to be using two handed swords, I'd recommend putting points into Willpower to increase your stamina. "
    So scrap plan of two points strength and one alternating for dexterity and one for constitution?  How many points should I give to willpower, its still at 10 for me I think. "
    If your Strength and Constitution are high at the moment, I would put all points into Willpower (if Willpower is the one that increases stamina) until it catches up with the others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.