Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

So about donating to your army. (Ending Spoilers)

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So I've been having some trouble in the Climax at Denerim, but luckily I had a seperate save at the camp site before shit went down so I've been able to go back and level up some more.

My question is though if donating to your army does any good. Do they just get new weapons, new armor, maybe more numbers? And while we're at it, is the difference even enough to actually bother with it?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

I heard there's more of them, and a better selection of them.

Although that's only on the grapevine, I've not done it myself. I just keep giving them my deathroots and keeping things that can be turned into healing things.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I spent about two hours gathering money and stones and runes and the like but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I might go back and dump all of my funds into the Redcliffe troops, but I'm doubting if it will do any good.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

What level are you?  Which part are you having trouble with?

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

GIving to your troops increases the numbers available at the final battle- I maxed out at 50 per army and 12 mages I think. Helped a little bit, but not a huge amount.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Lies said:
    " GIving to your troops increases the numbers available at the final battle- I maxed out at 50 per army and 12 mages I think. Helped a little bit, but not a huge amount. "
    Hmm. That's what I got, and I only gave each on a few of each item. Like 10, max.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Lies: That's the number I got before, maybe I will go jump out and see if more donating does anything just to see.

Also I'm level 20 now and I was stuck at the entrance to Fort Drakon before. However I don't remember what level I was then and my party is better equipped this time and I brought Morrigan instead of Loghain.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

I wouldn't worry about your armies too much, it will be a decent party setup that gets you through.  You do have a healer in your party?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Yes I do, and I just now got past the part and actually made it to the second floor so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.