Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Specialization teachers - what have you found.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've figured out two of the teachers for character specializations. I'm not sure if this would count as spoiler territory, so I'll hide the two I'm pretty sure of: 

The thing is, I'm not interested in either of those paths. I'm thinking more of turning to one of the nature mage specialization. Can anyone direct me which NPC to look out for to pick this up? 
    Also, if anyone's inclined, I'd be interested in knowing what teachers you all found for other specializations. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Arl Eamon (in Redcliff) - Champion 
    Dwarf merchant (in Camp) - manuals for Ranger and Templar 
    Leliana - Bard 
    Isabella (in the Pearl in Denerim) - Duellist, I think?  I couldn't unlock it, but I think she can teach you something 
    Gorim (in Denerim) - manual for Berserker
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By sarahsdad

FWIW, talking with a friend of mine who's a bit further along, who told me about the spirit mage path: 

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By foggel
    boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By boj4ngles

I saw a little confusion with terminology (there is no Spirit Mage specialization) so I'll post all the specializations I know of so far and their locations. 

Arcane Warrior:  You can learn this from a trapped spirit in the lower Bracilian Ruins.  The spirit is trapped in a gem and you must place it on a nearby altar. 

Blood Mage:  The demon that possesed the child in Redcliffe Castle will teach you this if you make a deal with it.  Make the deal while you are vanquishing it in the Fade. 

Shapeshifter:  Morrigan will teach you this if you have a good approval with her.  You can also get it by manual (available from vendor in Dhalish Village). 

Spirit Healer:  Wynne will teach you if you have high approval.  Manual is in Denerim Market. 

Berserker:  Oghren teaches with high approval.  Manual is in Denerim Market. 

Champion:  Learned from Arl Eamon at end of Sacred Ashes questline.  Lhograin also teaches with high approval. 

Reaver:  Learned from Kolgrim (leader of the Dragon Cult outside of Haven) if you destroy Andraste's ashes. 

Templar:  Alistair will teach you with high approval.  Manual available from merchant in main camp. 

Assasin:  Zevran teaches with high approval. 

Bard:  Leliana teaches with high approval.  Manual can be bought in Orzamar. 

Duelist:  Learned from Isabela who is at The Pearl in Denerim.  First you need to beat her at a game of cards. 

Ranger:  Manual available from merchant in main camp.

That is all the specializations in game, but there may be other ways to acquire them that I didn't mention here.  There are also special abilities for each class you can obtain in the Soldier's Peak addon.  I've only seen the warrior ones and I didn't really like them.  They sacrifice health for aoe damage or increased attack power.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.