Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

*Spoilers* So, am I fucked? (Unable to get Leliana and Wynne)

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I can not travel to Lothering because it was destroyed by Darkspawn, and I killed Wynne not realizing it was the healer until I had killed her.  I then got the quest to kill Flemeth from Morrigan later down the line(I am level 11 now).  So, I only have melee classes other than Morrigan.  Being as I can't bring her to fight Flemeth, I went and tried to kill Flemeth with Dog, Myself (DPS warrior), Alistair (Tank), and Zezran(assassin spec).  Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me.  Is there any way to defeat Flemeth without range and without being high enough level to just stomp the shit out of her?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

Second playthrough.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

No matter what level you are, you're never really going to "stomp the shit out of her".  I'd recommend waiting awhile and then coming back stronger and with a ton of healing potions if you're really deadset on doing it this playthrough.  It's going to be tough either way though.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

And there you go, your actions have can severe consequences. This is why this game is awesome.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Darkstar614 said:

" And there you go, your actions have can severe consequences. This is why this game is awesome. "

Yeah, but, he's on the extreme end of it.  In 2 and a half-ish playthroughs, I've never lost a single character from my party.  It's really not that hard to game it unless you want to role play a specific character.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's cool that you can actually fuck yourself over.  But when you do, it's kind of annoying.  I love the game so far though.  On another note:  I have Morrigan to almost fully like me (she's in the white area on the bar thing) and I can't even kiss her.  My brother can kiss her and he's at 75% liked.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By YoThatLimp

She won't put out if she loves you.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Dark_Jon

No you are not fucked, if anything, you are quite the opposite :P. 

Me on the other hand...

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9  Edited By Ping5000

Throw that bitch some shiny shit her way. She'll do more than kiss.  

WINK AND WINK

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Lowbrow

Come back with an assload of health potions after you have easy access to elfroot.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost
    @xobballox said:

" So I can not travel to Lothering because it was destroyed by Darkspawn, and I killed Wynne not realizing it was the healer until I had killed her.  I then got the quest to kill Flemeth from Morrigan later down the line(I am level 11 now).  So, I only have melee classes other than Morrigan.  Being as I can't bring her to fight Flemeth, I went and tried to kill Flemeth with Dog, Myself (DPS warrior), Alistair (Tank), and Zezran(assassin spec).  Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me.  Is there any way to defeat Flemeth without range and without being high enough level to just stomp the shit out of her? "

The monsters scale to your so you wont be able to just overlevel and stomp flemeth later, if anything the dragons would become 10x harder as you gain levels if you have no healer or ranged people. I'd say you are pretty fucked. All you can do maybe is buy a bunch of those skill books and start learning some healing stuff with morrigan and use her as your healer. I guess you could also just put it on easy and go balls out with posions/potions/grenades etc.

To be honest though, you wont be missing much by not finishing morrigan's sidequests. The romance with morrigan doesn't really go anywhere whether or not you finish her sidequests.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I leveled up to 16, and went back with Shale as the tank, Ohgrem and myself as Berserker/2H warriors, and Zezran with 4 skill points in ranger abilities, and was able to kill her pretty easily.  Also, I finished the game just moments ago... OH EM GEE.  I think I have a new favorite game, I love it so much.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jimbo

Bows + Warmth balm (or whatever it's called that protects againts fire).  There isn't a lot she can do to you if you don't go up on her little hill.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By crusnchill
    @sixghost: True, but it is interesting to do, either way. :-)
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By MildMolasses

Not that you should listen to me because I played through on casual (and before I get shit on for it, I just like playing for the story, all the micromanaging in this game is like another language, which I have no interest in learning, so the only way I can play is casual). Anyway, Flemeth killed all my party except for Leliana, and with just her and an axe, I chopped the dragon down. Mind you, that will only work on casual, since my understanding is that even normal is WAY harder
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By atejas

Shale makes a much better tank than Alistair. Go get her.
    Flemeth was actually pretty easy for me. Main mage, Leliana, Alistair and Wynne.  Kept spamming stun spells, chained poison throws(Leliana, main and Alistair had at least one poitn in poison), had to revive Leliana once, I think.
    Of course, my main was an Arcane Warrior, so I could dish out crazy damage once I ran out of mana.

Venom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Venom09

I'm in the same boat, my friend. I killed both at some point in the game. I was able to beat the high dragon with morrigan, but since i can't use her for phlemeth i just lied to her. I'll try again on my second playthrough.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SamStrife

Warmth Balms and bows.  Get 3 people spread out firing bows from a distance and one tank taking wartmh balms and potions to draw the aggro.  I did her no problem that way.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Just got get Shale and a ton of health potions and he will tank it all day and night while you do whatever you want to it. You really don't need a healer when you have 50 health potions and a friggin' golem.

FYI, if you can't beat Flemeth you probably aren't going to kill the Archdemon, so you better figure it out fast.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

At least you didn't tell Wynne to chill out at the Circle Tower. 

I did. Now that I need her she's nowhere to be found. Fucking great.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By guiseppe

I did the same thing on my first playthrough, I didn't know Wynne was a character that I could use and she was in my way, so I killed her. Anyway, I continued with that setup, but I was a mage myself so I had to take on the role of a healer during the more intense battles. In your case, I guess you could use Morrigan as your healer (for everything except flemmeth ofc). As for Flemmeth, I beat her at level 18 I think and it was much, much easier. I guess It can be done at lower levels, but it's a pain.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy

I  suppose you could get Morrigan to be healer... I have never made her a healer though so I don't know how well it would work out. I just always used Wynne because she starts out as a healer. 

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guiseppe:
    I don't think a healer is necessary at all if you set up your tactics right and have enough potions. It is certainly convient, but at the same time you are opting out of using a member who could cause more damage.

An ideal party for taking on any of the three dragons is Tank, Offensive Mage, DPS Warrior/Rouge, and Healer. Although I for one would argue that is your tank has a high enough constitution and armor (Most likely Shale or maybe even Alistair) with enough healing potions and they can keep it distracted you can defeat the dragon with ranged attacks.

The thing about the dragons is that although they are the hardest enemies to beat in the game, they are only one characters which means they can be easily tanked.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By guiseppe
    @LordXavierBritish: Oh I know, I just meant that if you want a healer instead of having a kazillion pots, that would be the only option.
    cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cdstacker

you don't have to kill flemmeth, just make a deal with her and lie to morrigan.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdstacker: But then you won't be able to have her as a party member when you load your save into Mass Effect 2.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai
    @xobballox said:

" So I can not travel to Lothering because it was destroyed by Darkspawn, and I killed Wynne not realizing it was the healer until I had killed her.  I then got the quest to kill Flemeth from Morrigan later down the line(I am level 11 now).  So, I only have melee classes other than Morrigan.  Being as I can't bring her to fight Flemeth, I went and tried to kill Flemeth with Dog, Myself (DPS warrior), Alistair (Tank), and Zezran(assassin spec).  Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me.  Is there any way to defeat Flemeth without range and without being high enough level to just stomp the shit out of her? "

You fucked yourself pretty bad there. You can make-do without Leliana but unless you are a healer mage you can pretty much say you will be fucked no matter which boss you fight (or any other fight) Wynne is pretty damn important and I really can't imagine fighting without her, she saved my ass so many times and she is also a pretty bad ass mage after you do her personal quest. I suggest to do a do-over.  

P.S.  
    Killing Felemeth is not all that important, really. besides the EXP point that battle gives you the loot from her is pretty much none existence. 
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mordukai said:
    " @xobballox said:

You fucked yourself pretty bad there. You can make-do without Leliana but unless you are a healer mage you can pretty much say you will be fucked no matter which boss you fight (or any other fight) Wynne is pretty damn important and I really can't imagine fighting without her, she saved my ass so many times and she is also a pretty bad ass mage after you do her personal quest. I suggest to do a do-over.   P.S.  Killing Felemeth is not all that important, really. besides the EXP point that battle gives you the loot from her is pretty much none existence.  "
    I got by, I went and bought the spirit healer book from Denerim, and made Morrigan a spirit healer.  I killed Flemeth with two Berserker 2Handed Warriors, Shale tanking, and Zezran with a bow.  Beat the game a couple days ago, planning on replaying it as a rogue and spec into assassin.
    Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slaneesh

It is quite possible to take her down without a healer, however you dont have to fight her at all.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Undeadpool
    @xobballox:
    Did you initiate a romance? There's a dialogue tree where you can either accept or rebuke her (either get romantic or stay friends). Highlight the part of the meter where her approval is. If it says something romantic, then you're in a romance and I don't know what to tell you. If it doesn't (Friendly etc), then you're not in a romance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.