Story

#1 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

is there any side quest in dragon age that have a great story  for what it is, and not just killing bandits, or talking to a certain person to give something to.

if you can name the quest that would be helpful:)

#2 Posted by Periscope (40 posts) -

The only optional quest that I can remember being impressed with off the top of my head was the Stone Prisoner DLC.

Everything else felt like the standard fetch this/kill that quest.

#3 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

Thanks i have both DLC have not tried them out yet, will do.

#4 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

Of the DLC the Stone Prisoner is definitely the better, especially if you go along with the story and do it as soon as possible.

#5 Posted by Paradigm13 (6 posts) -

The different characters' side stories are pretty interesting, if you can get their approval ratings high enough.  Morrigan's is a total beast, if you don't puss out on it (like I did).

#6 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Paradigm13 said:

" The different characters' side stories are pretty interesting, if you can get their approval ratings high enough.  Morrigan's is a total beast, if you don't puss out on it (like I did). "

Like most Bioware RPGs, these are the only interesting sidequests. Not even the only interesting ones, just the only ones with the slightest bit of backstory.

@OP

Just focus on keeping the approval of as many party members as you can, as high as you can. The easiest way to do this is to follow a FAQ or guide that lists the preferred gifts of each party member. I'm not sure if it works this way for all the party members, but certain characters require a specific gift to trigger the sidequest. Like Alistair needs to be given some family history book, and Morrigan needs Flemeth's grimoire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.