Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

The impossible Dragon Age: Origins trophy/achievement!? *Updated*

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

Edited By galiant

So after playing through this wonderful game for the third time on the PS3 (despite the awful bugs I keep running into) - there is yet one trophy missing.

That's right. "Traveler".

After doing some research, I've concluded that noone seems to know exactly what triggers it. The description says something along the lines of "visited every area of the game". Right!

People have aquired this with different map completion percentages, ranging from 75%(!) to 98% or what have you. Some people do every possible side quest they can find, and still no trophy. Others seem to ignore plenty of side quests and areas and they get the trophy anyway.

I finished the game with a 92% map completion, and no, I didn't get a trophy.

If anyone finds out what requirements this trophy has, please share! If you have aquired the trophy, try to describe how you played your game (did you do every side quest, reveal every corner of every map?) or post a list of your completed quests, or post in which part of the game you got the trophy, have you played any previous characters, what class did you use - anything that might help us find a pattern to once and for all set this trophy's requirements straight.

Normally I don't bother too much with trophies, but being one lousy Bronze trophy away from a Platinum is fairly disheartening even for me (I only have two!). 

Thank you for your time =)

UPDATE 2009-12-13: So I finally got my trophy after going after some sidequests I had missed, specifically the Blackstone Irregular ones which leads you to a camp near Lothering in the end, as well as the quests from the bartender in Denerim. I did not do the stealing/stealth sidequests, so I'm more uncertain than ever as to what actually counts for this trophy. Best of luck to any of you still after this trophy! I guess it wasn't that impossible after all!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#1  Edited By galiant

So after playing through this wonderful game for the third time on the PS3 (despite the awful bugs I keep running into) - there is yet one trophy missing.

That's right. "Traveler".

After doing some research, I've concluded that noone seems to know exactly what triggers it. The description says something along the lines of "visited every area of the game". Right!

People have aquired this with different map completion percentages, ranging from 75%(!) to 98% or what have you. Some people do every possible side quest they can find, and still no trophy. Others seem to ignore plenty of side quests and areas and they get the trophy anyway.

I finished the game with a 92% map completion, and no, I didn't get a trophy.

If anyone finds out what requirements this trophy has, please share! If you have aquired the trophy, try to describe how you played your game (did you do every side quest, reveal every corner of every map?) or post a list of your completed quests, or post in which part of the game you got the trophy, have you played any previous characters, what class did you use - anything that might help us find a pattern to once and for all set this trophy's requirements straight.

Normally I don't bother too much with trophies, but being one lousy Bronze trophy away from a Platinum is fairly disheartening even for me (I only have two!). 

Thank you for your time =)

UPDATE 2009-12-13: So I finally got my trophy after going after some sidequests I had missed, specifically the Blackstone Irregular ones which leads you to a camp near Lothering in the end, as well as the quests from the bartender in Denerim. I did not do the stealing/stealth sidequests, so I'm more uncertain than ever as to what actually counts for this trophy. Best of luck to any of you still after this trophy! I guess it wasn't that impossible after all!

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ThePencil

Hrmm thats weird. I seem to have managed to get this during my first playthrough on the 360 version. Weird, that was a 40 odd hour playthrough too. Meh, achievements mean little to me.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By endaround

Got it on the PC.  You just didn't visit everywhere.  you may have to doa human noble origin to get it since that has a unique starting point.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @endaround said:
    " Got it on the PC.  You just didn't visit everywhere.  you may have to doa human noble origin to get it since that has a unique starting point. "
    see this would makes sense but my friend got this achievement never playing as a human 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

I really don't know what to think of this game. If had to describe this game in one word I would probably use 'Inconsistent'. There are just so many bad decisions made by Bioware when it came to the console version that just baffles me as to why they made them or why they thought they would be good. Don't get me wrong, this game is good and all but I don't think it's great. I will play through it at some point but I think that is where it ends. I really don't think I'll have any desire to go through it again. Personally I think this game could have used more development time on the consoles. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By keyhunter

You have to complete all the origin stories as those starting points have low level starting dungeons not playable after the origin story is completed. 
    Needless to say, it's impossible to get the achievement unless you 
    1. Complete all origin stories.
    2. Beat the game and all sidequests once.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By dagas
    @keyhunter said:
    " You have to complete all the origin stories as those starting points have low level starting dungeons not playable after the origin story is completed.  Needless to say, it's impossible to get the achievement unless you  1. Complete all origin stories. 2. Beat the game and all sidequests once. "
    You don't have to complete all the origin stories. I got the achievement on my first play through at the very end (the scene after the final battle). 360 version. I did most side quests, but not all.
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FalconCritical

I got this achievement (PC) on my first playthrough just as I entered the final rooftop.  On a subsequent playthrough I found a number of zones that I hadn't visited, so i quite clearly hadn't been everywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.