Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Theory's of the next Dragon Age:

BlackShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackShadow

My theory on DA:O is that you play as the demon child, or possibly a whole new age, still relating to the grey wardens. Like your character is under the rule of the king and queen severl generations after  Ferelden gets back together. you find a hidden temple of the long lost grey wardens. there you find your ancestors grave of the equipment that they wore back then, and you like into a mirror that has strnage writing on it, and a flash  from the mirror comes out,  you soon wake up in a cabin in a forest, someone has saved you, they had you a book of the history of the Grey wardens, who they were, what they did etc. You regain your memory of what happened, and you have a dream... in the dream you see the Archdemon, you soon find out that you are the ancestors of a grey warden, the one who killed the Archdem on. Suddenly you feel this immense preassure, ou collapse, and you feel as though are bring given powere beyond yuor measure, 

Something to that effect. Let me nkow what you guys think :)
    nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nexas

What demon child? I told that bitch to GTFO, so there ain't no demon child in my game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I hardly think Dragon Age 2 will relate to much of what happened in Origins. Far too many variables with the plot to have some decision import feature like the ME series has. It'll be in the same universe, maybe even still in Ferelden, I personally hope they'll allow you to travel between countries including Ferelden but also Orlais and Antiva, but it'll be far off from the Origins timeline.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

Morrigan's child will probably be canon, it's the best way to tie in your old character into whatever new story they conjure up for this Old God.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sanryd

Who's Theory? 

;P

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @Marz said:
    " Morrigan's child will probably be canon, it's the best way to tie in your old character into whatever new story they conjure up for this Old God. "
    I really hope not. That alone already sets up the idea that the canon Warden was a male in origins destroying plenty of peoples own saved storylines. With Dragon Age's huge emphasis on your choice of actions they'll either need to have one freakin' complex import system or just not have any of the larger events from Origins even mentioned in DA2.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Burns098356GX

I hope they don't include an option to import your old character....because i deleted mine by accident.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Marz said:
    " Morrigan's child will probably be canon, it's the best way to tie in your old character into whatever new story they conjure up for this Old God. "
    I really hope not. That alone already sets up the idea that the canon Warden was a male in origins destroying plenty of peoples own saved storylines. With Dragon Age's huge emphasis on your choice of actions they'll either need to have one freakin' complex import system or just not have any of the larger events from Origins even mentioned in DA2. "
    well if you were female, Alistair is still the father.   I'm just saying that child will be born whether we like it or not to continue on the next storyline.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @Marz said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @Marz said:
    I really hope not. That alone already sets up the idea that the canon Warden was a male in origins destroying plenty of peoples own saved storylines. With Dragon Age's huge emphasis on your choice of actions they'll either need to have one freakin' complex import system or just not have any of the larger events from Origins even mentioned in DA2. "
    well if you were female, Alistair is still the father.   I'm just saying that child will be born whether we like it or not to continue on the next storyline. "
    The Wardens, Alistar or Loghains actually, depending on your choices. You also had the choice to send her away with nothing.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @Marz said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @Marz said:
    well if you were female, Alistair is still the father.   I'm just saying that child will be born whether we like it or not to continue on the next storyline. "
    I highly doubt it. Still, nothing to do besides wait and see.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By mazik765

I have a feeling they are going for an Elder Scrolls-esque set up by referencing but never allowing you to go to all these countries in the game world like Orlais, Antiva and the northern Qunari countries.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By sixghost
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Marz said:
    Judging by how badly Bioware shit the bed in ME2 with their save import with regards to the previous game's choices, I doubt it will be that complicated. My guess is they will either set the 2nd game far enough in the future so that the previous games MC will be dead, and maybe you'll run into an older Morrigan or the demon child. Or they'll just say fuck it and make it a completely different story, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Milkman

Why not import the choices? BioWare did it with Mass Effect 2. What's stopping them from doing it with Dragon Age 2?

Steve236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Steve236

I hope the game set is in Orlais.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jimbo

I hope it doesn't focus on Grey Wardens and the Darkspawn again.  I also kinda don't want to see them hamstrung by having to accomodate all the possible choices from DA 1.

My choice would be to set it in the north and focus the story around the war between the Qunari and Tevinter Imperium.  Both of those societies seem interesting and a long way removed from the 'obvious good guys' vs. 'mindless evil' of Dragon Age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.