Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Want to mod Leliana. Which version looks best?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

So Leliana looked pretty awesome in the Sacred Ashes trailer, and there are a number of mods to make her look like that. Which version do you think I should get? (closest to the trailer version)

AT Leliana Face of Sacred Ashes

LINK

CGI Leliana Face Morph Sacred Ashes Trailer

LINK

Elegant and Seductive Leliana

LINK

Dragon Age Redesigned Version 6-7

LINK

I would have usually gone for the last one (redesigned), but in the description the creator recommends holding off it for the first playthrough (and it IS my first)

What do you think? Which one do you prefer?
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

The first two look bad.  I think they're using the Morrigan face.  I would use the third.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By armaan8014
    @EvilTwin said:
    " The first two look bad.  I think they're using the Morrigan face.  I would use the third. "
    I kind of liked the second one. Her eyes have come out pretty well, no?

@Hitchenson: 
    Weird... Morrigan in that mod looks just like Aishwariya rai! Another thing I've noticed is that in most of the mods Leliana has longer hair than the trailer version. Wonder why... (maybe since they're using the same hairstyle mods)
    Good mod anyway, but let's see what others have to say.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson
    @armaan8014: As far as I'm aware the faces used in the Sacred Ashes trailer were -- Morrigan based on Victoria Johnson and Leliana based on Alexandra Stein.  

Oh yeah, there's also a MOD to give Leliana the armour and weapons she's using in the Sacred Ashes trailer if you're interested. Here you go.
    felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By felixlighter

I prefer the Dragon Age Redesign version.  I have that mod currently installed.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By armaan8014
    @FelixLighter: 
    Is it your first playthrough? How is the mod?
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust
    @Hitchenson said:

"

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    This one here. 

"

That's the one I use, too.  I like it a lot and it works without any hassles.  I tried a different one before and her hair was white even though I had the proper hair mod installed.   all theose mods are created using other mods like "More Hairstyles" and "Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors" to name a few, so they are limited in their design by those mods.  If Leliana has longer hair than in the Sacred Ashes trailer it is because the "More Hairstyles" has longer hair and so the redesigner wen with the best option available.

Don't forget to use the new CharGenMorph Compiler when installing all your mods which require a chargenmorphcfg.xml.  The Highlander Rule applies so this will create one to work with all the mods which have altered their own.  Most hair, makeup, skin, etc...mods have these.
    felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By felixlighter
    @armaan8014: Actually, I installed it on my second play through, simply because I wasn't aware of it during my first but it would have made sense to use it on the first playthrough.  I currently only have the Morrigan and Leliana models installed but the full mod changes all NPCs apparently.  I'm impressed with what he's done. 
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Geno

She looked fairly tough and dramatic in the trailer, so I would say go with the first or second one. Btw, anyone else find it weird how Bioware didn't make the in-game character look like the trailer character? They look almost completely different.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By armaan8014
    @Geno: Yeah, doesnt make sense. Especially since the one in the game obviously pales in comparison to the trailer version in looks.

Other than that, do any of you know how these character appearance mods are made? From what Ive read, it seems they're using the character creator itself. How are they then importing the mod into the game?
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aeterna
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Geno: Yeah, doesnt make sense. Especially since the one in the game obviously pales in comparison to the trailer version in looks.   Other than that, do any of you know how these character appearance mods are made? From what Ive read, it seems they're using the character creator itself. How are they then importing the mod into the game? "
    Well if you look how you install them, you put them in an "override" folder, which will.. override the default files.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By armaan8014
    @Aeterna: Well no I wanted to know how the creation is done. I got it now, it's done by The Dragon Age toolset. I started making mods now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.