Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Where do I go to upgrade Mage equipment?

lleake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lleake

So I'm level 13 Mage, and I swear I'm still using equipment from the first few levels.  I'm not finding any drops and the quests don't seem to give anything out, do I have to buy better equipment?  I just don't feel like I'm getting much better as I level.

Turduken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Turduken

I didn't play as a mage, but Morrigan was in my party the whole time.  I rarely upgraded her equipment, but she was easily my most valuable character.  Didn't find I needed much equipment for her.  

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ztiworoh

You should be finding some items dropped by enemies - also, when I played as a mage, I made sure to specialize as an Arcane Warrior, which is basically a mage who can also tank and use swords... if you do that, you can use a sword found in the temple where you find the Urn of Sacred Ashes, designed for Arcane Warriors, which doubles as a magic staff... I believe it's called Spellweaver.

Colf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Colf

There is a shop called wonders of something.
    Also the quarter master in the tower circle.

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Vaile

Colf is thinking of  Wonders of Thedas in Denerim, but I don't know how good the mage robes are.  You might want to try some mods from Dragon Age Nexus. Improved Atmosphere should help with your problem. I also know that when you go to the Alienage, some Tevinter mages there drop some nice robes. And for Morrigan, a side quest that you get in the Circle of Magi culminates in a decent robe, but only she can wear it.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Undeadpool

Magi don't really get a lot of equipment upgrades outside of staves. It's more a matter of what kind of mage you want to play over getting better equipment.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

As others have stated, most Mage equipment is procured from battles or from the Wonders of Thedas shop. The quarter-master in the circle tower also has the games best staff for sale.

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rapture

Wonders of Thedas sell some great stuff but they are pretty expensive

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Check out the Wonders of Thedas. They have some badass robes and a bunch of other magical shit too for you to stock up on. Personally, I found I didn't even have to buy Lyrium potions, they're all over the damn place. 

Anyway, by the time I faced the Archdemon with my mage I had some seriously badass robes on. I can't remember what kind they were though, or I could totally be a big help here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.