Witch Hunt, Worth Playing?

#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Finally got some down time thanks to spring break to go back and finish up the DLC that comes in the Ultimate Edition. After hearing mostly bad reviews about the Witch Hunt DLC, is it worth it to go play it or should I just google to find out what happens to Morrigan instead?

#2 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

YouTube the ending.  Everything else is a waste of time. 

Wait, if you already have it, you might as well play it.  It's only an hour or two long.

#3 Posted by EveretteScott (1532 posts) -

Yeah, if you already have it what's wrong with playing it? I was happy to have my dude mage find his love!

#4 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Since it's included, feel free! But overall, it was a let down. I felt the ending was the only thing of value.

It's made me reluctant to buy any DA2 DLC.

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

No, it's a half hour of pure bullshit.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@EveretteScott: because I don't want to waste time if the content is really that bad. if it really is only a couple hours though, then maybe I'll try it out. 
#7 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -
@Afroman269: It's not "that bad".  It just didn't deliver on it's promises.  They introduce two cool new characters, and it will take you at most two hours.  If you already have it, it's worth playing.  I just wouldn't recommend people buying it separately.
#8 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

I'd say youtube the ending, but likely if you really care about the whole Morrigan plotline, then your decision at the end of the DLC will be something very important as well. The rest of it is just the same ole' combat in rehashed locations. Whether or not combat is appealing probably depends on how much time you've sunken into the game already, or how long it's been since you last played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.