berezov's Leliana's Song (Xbox 360) review

A Beautiful Song

While she’s no Morrigan, Leliana certainly was a great deal of help in my party for my fight against the blight, the latest piece of DLC follows Leliana’s journey back to when she was running in small gang of criminals led by Marjolaine, a femme fatale who is very French. Starting out in the market district at night you are accompanied by Sketch, a competent yet occasionally cowardly elf mage who offers the comic relief and Tug, the aggressive and repressive dwarf warrior who just wants to get the job done, the chemistry between the party throughout Leliana’s Song’s 1 hour length fits enough dialogue, back story, twists and turns in there to make you care about the characters.

... or Alt+F4 that works too.

There is no character customisation to speak of in this DLC which isn’t as big as an issue as it was in Darkspawn Chronicles because well... you are playing as Leliana, since the DLC is serving as a look into Leliana’s past the DLC opens and closes tightly, you will however, like Darkspawn Chronicles, get an in game item reward transferred to your main game as well as an achievement, yay! I’ve only played through the DLC once and that’s the way I intend to keep it, that’s not to say Leliana’s Song is a bad piece of DLC, it’s too say that once you have experienced Leliana’s Song there really is no reason to go back other than to see additional dialogue options.

So if you are looking to get more insight into the French redheaded Rouge and see what she was up to before she met you and the gang well then you probably have already bought the DLC, for others, you are basically looking at 1 hour of extra Dragon Age: Origins for 560 Microsoft points, if that sounds reasonable to you, then give Leliana’s Song a look... or listen.

Posted by dussssstin

Posted by Berezov
@dussssstin said:
" Why is it that Dragon Age's artists are so good that the characters look nothing like they do in game? "
Posted by Yummylee

Only an hour? =/ Considering its price on the UK PSN as £5.49 I was hoping it would hit at least the 90 minute marker.

Online
Posted by armaan8014
@Berezov said:
" @dussssstin said:
Yeah it is a bit odd, although Xbox 360 owners do have the worst looking version, I would play this on my PC if it could actually run it. "
mods!

Posted by Berezov
@armaan8014:

Holy shit, I knew I was missing out by playing the Xbox 360 version but not by THIS much, which mod is that?
Posted by armaan8014
@Berezov:  I think it was this one. I didn't mod DA:O as much as I modded Oblivion, just put in mods to make the villages look little alive, a gift guide, new sten face, and a mod for whiter teeth!