Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age

Franchise »

Dragon Age is a series of fantasy medieval role-playing games by BioWare. BioWare considers it a spiritual successor to their Baldur's Gate RPG gaming series. It is furthered upon through the creation of comics, books and other forms of media. Truly this is the age of dragons.

DA1 & DA2 Promotional items up for free on Bioware's site

Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
    the_great_skenardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks to the folks at PC gamer for first tipping me onto the story: (link)

In short, anyone with a bioware social / Ea/ Origin account can stock up on these hitherto unavailable items.

But my question: Why?

Why would EA/Bioware make those items available? Are they just trying to get people to maybe play a little bit of their DA1&2 leading up to some DA3 hype? Or are they simply trying to get some numbers on active bioware social accounts to see how many people they could pull in with DA promo items? I can only think that if they're tracking the number of claimants, that data is supposed to tell them something.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

Lame.

I don't know why but I was expecting this to be the DLC content packs, now I have a bunch of weapons and armor I'll never use. I'll never understand why people give a damn about this sort of crap, and damn why is there so much of it...

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By boj4ngles

As I remember, most of the DA:O DLC weapons were so OP that they took the fun out of the game. Might be fun if you're going for a nightmare run?

Can't comment on DA2 because I didn't get any of its DLC. I guess this is a step in the right direction for Bioware but all that really matters is that they turn things around with DA3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.