Mac users: Get Dragon Age 1 and 2 for under 20$

#1 Edited by RainVillain (480 posts) -

I just got an email from GamersGate saying that Dragon Age Origins for Mac just dropped in price to 5$. "Weekend Sale". Thought I'd check the price for Dragon Age 2 for Mac, and found it to be 12$. Also very reasonable.

I played through Dragon Age 1 and 2 on my PS3 and while I loved the lore and plot of both, I found them to have a lot of performance hitches, and in DA1 I could really see how the combat would be better on a PC/Mac. So I think I'll purchase these two titles.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to other Mac users.

Edit: here is the link. 13$ for both.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DACPM/dragon-age-complete-pack-mac-bundle

#2 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2132 posts) -

PC versions are also discounted.

#3 Posted by NegativeCero (2975 posts) -

I didn't even k.ow.they were out for Mac. Is it worth playing Origins again if I only played on consoles and did basically everything?

#4 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I didn't even k.ow.they were out for Mac. Is it worth playing Origins again if I only played on consoles and did basically everything?

Origins has some pretty good mods.

#5 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I think it's worth fourteen dollars to have all the Dragon Age stuff on my primary computer.

#6 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

Thanks for the tip. I've missed out on the amazon sale a while back.

#7 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

I think it's worth fourteen dollars to have all the Dragon Age stuff on my primary computer.

Agreed. Sweet, thanks for the tip RV! Haven't used Gamer's Gate yet. I trust Cider ports are running better now than in 2009...

#8 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

Agreed. Sweet, thanks for the tip RV! Haven't used Gamer's Gate yet. I trust Cider ports are running better now than in 2009...

Here's hoping. Couldn't be any worse than rolling my own in WINE.

I mean, it could, but hopefully it isn't.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11466 posts) -

Well, now I can finally play Dragon Age Origins the way it was intended.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.