Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

A spiritual successor to the "Budokai Tenkaichi" fighting game series based on the Dragon Ball manga and anime series, bringing Spike's gameplay to seventh-generation consoles.

New GC trailer, SSJ3 broly?

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Slurpelve

thats awesome, SSJ3 broly    
    KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By KME93

So does that mean no more burst limit... :( But ss3 Broly wuuut!!
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

What they need to do is stop making mediocre fighting games.  Yes Dragonball had lots of fighting but an open world adventure game would be more fitting.  Imagine being able to fly around the world and turn Super Saiyan.  The level progression would also let you feel more powerful.  Whats the point of going super saiyan if it still takes many hits to kill an opponent when you should be able to kill them in one blast? 
    It would make for better story telling and a better experience.  Getting to create bigger more powerful energy blasts, fly faster, kill lesser opponents with ease as the game goes on.  That would feel more like Dragonball than a fighting game would.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By FLStyle
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stang

I sincerely hope this isn't the same old shit. I always get pumped when new DBZ games are announced, only to be extremely disappointed when they are released. I agree with TheHBK, there is a lot of potential in DBZ yet we seem to get the same game each year with a fresh coat of paint.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

Didn't they promise a character creator in this one? I think that'd be totally amazing if they did it right.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

Wait, 70 characters?  Isn't that actually good for a Dragon Ball fighting game?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By landon
    @TheHBK said:
    " What they need to do is stop making mediocre fighting games.  Yes Dragonball had lots of fighting but an open world adventure game would be more fitting.  Imagine being able to fly around the world and turn Super Saiyan.  The level progression would also let you feel more powerful.  Whats the point of going super saiyan if it still takes many hits to kill an opponent when you should be able to kill them in one blast? It would make for better story telling and a better experience.  Getting to create bigger more powerful energy blasts, fly faster, kill lesser opponents with ease as the game goes on.  That would feel more like Dragonball than a fighting game would. "
    No, what they need to do is try to make better fighting games. Not just throw a bunch of characters in it.
    An open world Dragon Ball Z game would suck. What would you possibly do? Would you strip Goku of all his strength and make it so that thugs on the street kill him with guns? Or do you make the game (DBZ) realistic and let him beat people with a single punch? I also don't see how this would make for better story telling, since the story itself revolves around single fights...like a fighting game.
    ChuckLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ChuckLee

Although SSJ3 Broly does look and seem pretty cool. One new version of a playable character does not "make" a game. My mind is telling me this will be the same "Next-Gen" fighting game as the last one (Burst Limit). Although if they would indeed have a customization option avaliable that would add a huge + to this game. There is only so much you can do with DBZ. How many games have they made? I mean seriously, this reminds me of Madden. SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I just wish they would make a Budokai 4. The budokai games were the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.