Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo E3 Trailer

#1 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

When I first saw the gameplay screenshots I was disappointed to see that it's a side scrolling (ish) brawler instead of a grand Zelda-like adventure. I thought the character models were too nice to be reduced to that. This trailer however makes it look pretty fun. What do you think?

#2 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

It looks fun!

#3 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -

My hopes, are not high mainly because every single DB/DBZ game sucks ass.

#4 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Another video:

It looks like Klonoa with more kicking ass to me. It could be fun. Or it could be shit.
#5 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

The game looks awesome.  I might end up getting it when it comes out since I'm a big Dragonball fan.

#7 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Yeah, but it's for the Wii. I might buy it when the price comes down. 

#8 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

I was interested in it after seeing the trailer, but that gameplay clip just unsold me. It looks... Sloppy.

#9 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

What makes this game unappealing to me is the fact that i cant see it getting any better than the gameplay clip. Dragonball was always known for fast-paced action, and you cant pull that off in a side-scrolling game.

#10 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Fast paced? It takes them like 10 episodes to finish one fight. Anyway, looks like it works fine as a side scroller, as long as they can keep the actual quality of the levels and enemies up for the whole game's duration. Klonoa with more kicking ass could be pretty good. Or bad.

#11 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Looks really fun, kinda like the GBA side scrolling brawlers which were pretty awesome.

#13 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -

The problem with anime fans is that when it comes to gaming, they can't tell the difference from a good game from a bad one. And because of that, those shitty DBZ fighting games sell very well. You see, the fact that it's based on their favorite anime series makes them believe that it's a good game.

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

Wait, what?  A Dragonball game that ISN'T a fighting game?

The world is ending and no one told me, right?
#15 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It seems to have a fighting mode where you can choose characters you've encountered in the main game (last video). So, not ending just yet?

#16 Posted by CrashTanuki (303 posts) -
@jakob187: Most Dragon Ball games haven't been fighting games. Advanced Adventure was a sidecrolling beat 'em up and Origins was a Zelda-like action adventure game. This looks like a 2.5D beat'em up like AA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.