Ryan Davis Reviews DBZ: Budokai 3 (Video)

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -
  

This is actually a good Dragon Ball Z game.  This is probably still the best DBZ game out there.  If you have a PS2 and looking for a fighter, get this game.
#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

The only Ryan Davis DBZ video review you need to watch is this one (with extra jeff gerstmann thrown in for free!!!!):

  
Moderator
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

That is a classic video.  I seen it the day it came out on Gamespot.  lol

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11737 posts) -

Wow, I'm not used to seeing Ryan sans Beard... or with bleached hair... or with a monotone... or not swearing his head off.
Was this really what 2004 era Gamespot was like? I don't remember that much, except that WoW won game of the year and everyone was into RE4.

#5 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Yo, is Burst Limit basically the same as Budokai 3? I played the demo. It felt exactly the same, but with a 360 controller.

#6 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
Green_Incarnate said:
"Yo, is Burst Limit basically the same as Budokai 3? I played the demo. It felt exactly the same, but with a 360 controller."
Its very similar but there are some mechanical differences, also there are very few characters. I being a budokai 3 master (always won against everyone I knew) did quite well on Burst Limit but I managed to lose, so its similar but has some mechancis that will throw you off.
#7 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

I like how monotone and uninspired to be there ryan is. His consistant bland look on his face is what makes this video hilarious.

#8 Posted by joey (984 posts) -


#9 Posted by FLStyle (4696 posts) -

If I had been to Gamespot in 2004 I'd not visit GiantBomb this day or any other as punishment for what Jeff and Ryan look like in that Ultimate Battle 22 video :P

#10 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I was at Gamespot in 04, but missed out on these vids. Mostly I just hung out in forums, waiting for Kotor II to come out.

chililili said:

"Green_Incarnate said:
"Yo, is Burst Limit basically the same as Budokai 3? I played the demo. It felt exactly the same, but with a 360 controller."
Its very similar but there are some mechanical differences, also there are very few characters. I being a budokai 3 master (always won against everyone I knew) did quite well on Burst Limit but I managed to lose, so its similar but has some mechancis that will throw you off."
Can you still cancel? Is dragon rush still in there?
#11 Posted by myketuna (1697 posts) -

Oh man. That first video is so crazy. Maybe Ryan Davis wasn't used to being in front of the camera yet. The second video is pretty funny, but nowhere near the craziness of even a Quick Look video here on GB. These two men have certainly bettered their craft over the years. Now look at 'em. So full of life...and swear words that they probably weren't allowed to say on GS. Awesome guys. Awesome.

#13 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Yeah, but I'm sure Ryan was super exited about doing a DBZ review. That's why he sounds like that.

#14 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I still think the Tenkaichi series is better than the Budokai series.

#15 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
Green_Incarnate said:
"I was at Gamespot in 04, but missed out on these vids. Mostly I just hung out in forums, waiting for Kotor II to come out.

chililili said:
"Green_Incarnate said:
"Yo, is Burst Limit basically the same as Budokai 3? I played the demo. It felt exactly the same, but with a 360 controller."
Its very similar but there are some mechanical differences, also there are very few characters. I being a budokai 3 master (always won against everyone I knew) did quite well on Burst Limit but I managed to lose, so its similar but has some mechancis that will throw you off."
Can you still cancel? Is dragon rush still in there?"
Dragon Rush is treated differently, as there is no more charge Ki and you can become "tired". I'm not sure wether you can cancel or not. however there is more variety in characcter moves, and you pick them at the beginning. You also choose your end move, which you can unleash any time
#16 Posted by DFSVegas (354 posts) -

Ryan needs to calm the fuck down.

#17 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Black_Rose said:
" I still think the Tenkaichi series is better than the Budokai series. "
I know this is really old, but still, Why?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.