Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Z

Franchise »

Dragon Ball Z is a video game franchise based of the popular martial arts anime of the same name. A majority of the games just re-tell a very basic iteration of the old story but some modern games have created original content by way of time travel and "what if" scenarios.

Which of these DBZ games are worth playing?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I haven't bought a new Dragon Ball Z game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 came out and I was wondering which of these recent DBZ games are worth playing. I'm only asking for the games that are on the Xbox 360.

1. Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
    2. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    3. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
    4. Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
    5. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
    6. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection
    Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

1. Burst Limit: It was alright. The game only covers events up to the Cell saga, and the roster only has 21 characters, so it's a bit lacking as far as content is considered. Worth playing? Maybe.
    2. Raging Blast: Imo, this is probably the best new DBZ game released on 360 and PS3. The story is retold pretty well (they actually use lines from the anime), roster is plentiful, and the graphics for the character models were pretty much perfect. Lots of content. Worth playing? Yes.
    3. Raging Blast 2: Graphics were needlessly changed so all the characters look like action figures. Story mode was gutted into some garbage Galaxy Mode. On the plus side, there's a ton of characters. (They added a lot of movie characters) There's even a short DBZ film on the disc you can watch, though it's the Japanese dub. Worth playing? Maybe.
    4. Ultimate Tenkaichi: I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, but it's not very good either. All characters play EXACTLY the same. I did have fun with it but I can't recommend it at all. Ultimate Tenkaichi is a misleading ass name. Worth playing? No.
    5. Battle of Z: Just no.
    6. Budokai HD Collection: They didn't include Budokai 2 which irks me to no end. (Even if it's the worst of the 3) Budokai 3 is still one of the best DBZ games ever so it is worth playing. Do note if you played the games before, they did change the soundtrack due to alleged plagiarism from the original composer.
    7. XenoVerse: This is actually coming out next month. No idea if it will be good or not but you may want to keep an eye on it, especially if you've always wanted a DBZ game where you can create your own character. (Ultimate Tenkaichi had a character creation thing but it was total trash)
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The only good DBZ game I ever played was a GBA one, forgot the name...

Valhallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I honestly don't think any are worth playing :( Series was prefect imo from Budokai 3 - Tenkaichi 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.