Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 26, 2015

An action RPG spin-off from the Dragon Quest franchise, developed by Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force.

Fresh new gameplay from TGS15

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By DarkbeatDK

Here's some new gameplay from Taipei Game Show 2015, led off with about 20 seconds of voice actors performing.

In this video we see the player hub of the game where you upgrade your characters with weapons and equipment before venturing forth.

It is interesting to see how the team mechanics work in a different way than something like Samurai Warriors 4, where your chosen characters are used to attack and defend various objectives and points on the map. Here it's much more like a traditional RPG where your party sticks together and supports each other with healing magic and the likes. I'm not sure if there is a concept of aggro like there is in MMOs or if big boss characters just attack all willy-nilly as it sorta seems like in the video below.

Also, the game had a Chinese version announced during the event and neither Square or Koei Tecmo seems to be dismissive about the idea of an English release, according to this article, so that is something that I find incredibly exciting. Fingers crossed for a fall 2015 Western release!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I honestly can't watch this with DQ X and DQ VII having not been localized yet and a good probability it might not ever be. This would just be more DQ heartbreak.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@i_stay_puft: Well I figure that since it's Koei Tecmo, they might push for it. I mean, they are successfully localizing almost all of their other musou games, where Capcom refuses to localize Sengoku Basara because westerners "wouldn't understand it".

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man, when I saw "hot news from TGS15" I was really confused for a second there.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Karkarov

@i_stay_puft: Well I figure that since it's Koei Tecmo, they might push for it. I mean, they are successfully localizing almost all of their other musou games, where Capcom refuses to localize Sengoku Basara because westerners "wouldn't understand it".

Yeah we can only hope. I would certainly give this game a look! Still no clue why they never brought over DQX.

-KingSlime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

If something this universal never gets translated, especially after the casual audience for Hyrule Warriors, I'll lose all hope of Dragon Quest VII and Monsters on 3DS ever being translated :(

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never understand why the most traditional of JRPGs went MMO. The basic DQ formula barely changed over the course of 8 iterations. And it was awesome. I'd kill for an offline, single player follow-up to DQVIII on console.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If something this universal never gets translated, especially after the casual audience for Hyrule Warriors, I'll lose all hope of Dragon Quest VII and Monsters on 3DS ever being translated :(

Well, there might still be hope after all.

-KingSlime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By LawGamer

I'll never understand why the most traditional of JRPGs went MMO. The basic DQ formula barely changed over the course of 8 iterations. And it was awesome. I'd kill for an offline, single player follow-up to DQVIII on console.

QFT. DQVIII might be my favorite JRPG of all time, which is impressive considering that I'd never played any DQ before that and only picked it up because it was in the bargain bin at the local GameStop on campus. Best $8 I ever spent.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Looks nice I think.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo, did nobody submit the news and links and the English language trailer to the newsdesk for reporting here on GB? Or did they not receive anything official from Sony/Square-Enix at all?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13 chaser324  Moderator

My opinion on the musou games flip-flops quite a bit, but there's something about this one that makes me really want it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.