Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 11, 2009

The most recent installment of the "Dragon Quest" franchise debuts exclusively on the DS. It features 4 player co-op and turn-based combat.

DQ9L: What am I thinking?

MAguilera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By MAguilera

My "just before" bedtime has been crosswords and reading on my kindle. While looking at my backlog I realized I was still sitting on Dragon Quest 9, so I figured I would start playing that. Lords knows what I am thinking. I am more and more tired everyday and can barely stay awake for the Daily Show. How I am going to make any progress on a JRPG is beyond me. I'm confident I will lose my place quickly or run out of steam like my last endeavor. But until then I think I will try to keep up with a weekly blog citing my progress. As an attempt to keep up with the story I'm going to run through brief story notes as well. Hopefully when I get lost later in the game I'll be able to look back at this and figure out what the fuck is going on.

So far I have played around 10 minutes and haven't made it through the tutorial. The character I created is apparently some sort of Guardian. I've fought in the tutorial combat and it is exactly what I would have expected.

MAguilera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By MAguilera

My "just before" bedtime has been crosswords and reading on my kindle. While looking at my backlog I realized I was still sitting on Dragon Quest 9, so I figured I would start playing that. Lords knows what I am thinking. I am more and more tired everyday and can barely stay awake for the Daily Show. How I am going to make any progress on a JRPG is beyond me. I'm confident I will lose my place quickly or run out of steam like my last endeavor. But until then I think I will try to keep up with a weekly blog citing my progress. As an attempt to keep up with the story I'm going to run through brief story notes as well. Hopefully when I get lost later in the game I'll be able to look back at this and figure out what the fuck is going on.

So far I have played around 10 minutes and haven't made it through the tutorial. The character I created is apparently some sort of Guardian. I've fought in the tutorial combat and it is exactly what I would have expected.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.