Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 11, 2009

The most recent installment of the "Dragon Quest" franchise debuts exclusively on the DS. It features 4 player co-op and turn-based combat.

Dragon Quest IX Gets a North American Release Date

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust

According to Joystiq, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the Nintendo DS will hit North American shores on June 11th.   EDIT: July 11th is the actual date

Dragon Quest IX has sold more than four million copies to date in Japan, where the game's WiFi "Pass-By Guest" feature has proven very popular. North American gamers will get a chance to experience it as the renamed "Tag Mode," silently trading character stats, battle records and play data with other DQIX players simply by walking near each other with their handhelds in sleep mode. 

I've been a strong fan of the DQ franchise for a while.  I know that they are grind heavy and tend to have the same feel game after game, but the epic stories are what does it for me.  Plus, I like the familiarity of the game play.  It doesn't need to be relearned as each new game arrives.  I've heard mixed impressions of this DQ, but I'll probably get it anyway just to try it out for myself.   

Now, we just need a date for DQ VI. 

@KingBroly:  Thank you for the correction. :-)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

Oh snap.

Broitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Broitman

Man I can't wait for this one. Hmm, maybe I should go play through DQ8 again for old time's sake.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KingBroly

Joystiq got the date wrong.  It's actually JULY 11th, exactly one year to the day from the Japanese release date.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Awesome. Anything DQ is day 1 for  me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.